Thread: Tommy's Fell Stars

Tommy's Fell Stars

Re: Tommy's Fell Stars

I've wondered this, I have seen Stuart at a couple of races in the Peaks but I couldn't find any reference to 'them' online, other than results pages

If I could run for any club, I would run for the 'Cosmic Hill Bashers' - fantastic

Yes, I'm curious about them too. There is another Tommy's Fell Star (maybe Stuart's sister) who I've seen a few times around my position in races like the Trunce and Shining Cliff Woods. They both wear a very impressive club T Shirt with a fancy crest type thing on.

Well let me help you all with an explaination of 'Tommy's Fell Stars' or rather 'Star'.

It's after Stu's brother who was killed while serving with the Marines. I guess a sort of tribute to the fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Winskill View Post
    Well let me help you all with an explaination of 'Tommy's Fell Stars' or rather 'Star'.

It's after Stu's brother who was killed while serving with the Marines. I guess a sort of tribute to the fella.
    Nice one Phil, that's really interesting. cheers.

Nice way to remember him.
    At Middlesbrough 10K today there were people running in memory of a soldier killed in Iraq, very poignant. Sort of puts your running in perspective.

Thanks Phil.

Very suitable and worthwhile, but I really have to get some work done now as staring at Phil's avatar is just plain wasting time (although a nice 30 seconds wasted! )
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?

Wink Re: Tommy's Fell Stars

The definitive answer, Tommys fell stars is indeed a tribute to our son Tommy who died a serving Royal Marine, who was incidentally a decent X country runner however his career path led to him giving this up. His brother Stuart was himself a pretty useful track runner (schools 1500 and AAA's Champion at 1500 and 3000 metres) in his younger years again his career path and lack of sponsorship caused him to give this up. After Toms death we as a family wanted a lasting tribute to him and started raising money for charity which we want to continue however we were anonymous and decided to establish our own club and gain afiliation. This has been done and we have been established about 4 to 5 months. We want to expand our membership and eventually establish our own event. We have little in the way of funds and have not yet established a web site but hope to have one up and running soon. We have two groups of runners fun and serious we are a bit thin on serious at the moment. Anyone interested in joining please contact me at
    [email protected]. Hope this clears up any confusion.