Page 428 of 1694 FirstFirst ... 3283784184264274284294304384785289281428 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 16931

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Physio Ian View Post
    ... like Rocky running through the streets, but without a load of kids following me and slightly less speed....it's grrrrreat to be back!!!
    On the Windermere Marathon my family had a 'running cd' with motivational tunes on it. They said the Rocky theme got the most smiles from the racers.

Keep it up Phys.

5 recovery pace miles on hilly road and trail. 1st morning run since before Windermere I think, and though morning runs never feel easy this wasn't bad. Already very humid though.

In Worcester this w/e, so missing the buzzards and bees of Dollar. Will have a couple of long runs, along the Malverns once and Worc.s canals once I think.

Jason
    Is it meant to be this hard?

18.55m/4462ft Very hot, thankful of the watertrough in Mankniholes and the river in Cragg Vale and the cool cans of Guinness i'm off to buy now. Oh, and the curry i'm having later on
    Hills and Guinness!

15 mile blast on bike , felt good

9 miles up and down some really nice hills... weather nice hot rock hard underfoot..

someone mention on er that one hadn't raced recently i do have a valid reason...

i must be a marked penguin, vans keep trying to run me over it must be a height thing
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

Super Moderator

Two and a quarter hours on the mountain bike this afternoon. Great fun; I was muddy as hell when I got home!

Two and a half hours DT.... pah!

Me and Kelly, my daughter, on an impulse set off to mountain bike the three peaks yesterday, following the walkers route. Jesus what an epic. Just going up PyG was a nightmare and then the mud and stuff getting over to Ribblehead was incredible - our best crash, in front almost 30 3P walkers, was me thinking I could cross a deep brown morass of bog but failing, and having to jump off into the bog, but being followed straight after by Kelly who also fell..... plunging in a face first belly flop over the handle bars and landing less than gracefully smack into 2 feet of boggy mud ; an absolute classic . So good it got a round of applause (and giggling fits) from the walkers watching.

We eventually got to Ribblehead after 2 and a half hours (yes mountain biking is slower than running) and, in a deluge of rain, decided to 'not bother' with Whernside and just press on to Ingleborough. Well going up the side of Ingleborough carrying a mountain bike that must have been chissled from a lump of solid iron ore before light frames or cyclocross bikes were even dreamt of was er...... fun*. Mind you both of us managed to overtake two 3 peak walkers on their last legs going up . And as for coming down? By then my brakes were completely shot and, no, I didn't have an allen key with me to tighten them. The least said the better but five hours and five minutes after starting our quest we got back to the car completely exhausted, drenched to the bone and absolutely plastered in mud.

Fantastic

*My mountain bike, a Raleigh Max Ogre 15 (USA design ) is so good that one recently went for a massive £10.50 on Ebay!
    Last edited by Stolly; 06-07-2008 at 10:45 AM.

Super Moderator

Doesn't sound like Rob Jebb has anything to worry about! Can we expect 'Stolly's Cycling Adventures' soon?!

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Doesn't sound like Rob Jebb has anything to worry about!
    Fair point but his route is just soooo more roady and doesn't do Ingleborough the stupid way

3 Peaks cyclocross map:

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Fair point but his route is just soooo more roady and doesn't do Ingleborough the stupid way

3 Peaks cyclocross map:

Bah, snort, wheeze, i'm jealous, i am not allowed to train on the course cos i'm in the race
    Hills and Guinness!

ML technically I wasn't allowed on what were in the main footpath routes yesterday. In the clag and drizzle, just as I crested the shoulder of Ingleborough with my bike on my back, a park warden gave me a ticking off (himself on a quad bike) but luckily didn't force us to take the bridlepath route off of the top towards Ingleton (miles from my car in Horton). Man handling bikes over stiles is no frigging joke so I doubt that there are many mountain bikers tresspassing onto the footpaths thereabouts.

Good luck with the cyclocross - it looks a fabulous route.