I quit concentrating on fellrunning due to persistant/recurrent injuries & took up triathlon. Swimming is the discipline I struggle most with & because I don't like it I only swim a couple of times a week but they're structured. Warm-up, drills, main set, cool down & total between 2-4km. This coupled with 2 or 3 cycles & runs a week keeps my running at a reasonable level, perhaps 10-15% slower than I used to be........but this may also be due to age.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
......but I always have a snivel, runny nose when I swim.. I think its just the chlorine irritating your nasal passages..
Iain, some people are more susceptible to this than others & I'm one of them. The irritation is caused by poo & wee mixing with the chlorine :closed: rather than just the chlorine itself. Some people use prescription nasal sprays, but I didn't want to go down this route each swim. I used to use a clip, but kept losing them. I've tried saline rinses, but no joy. I now stick a bit of vaseline up each nostril before swims & find this much more effective.