Page 1621 of 1699 FirstFirst ... 62111211521157116111619162016211622162316311671 ... LastLast
Results 16,201 to 16,210 of 16986

Thread: Today's Training

Oh no.
    Once bitten twice shy.
    I had some once a very long time ago.
    My fingernails appeared to be 18" long and I couldn't get out of the room I was in as my legs didn't work properly.
    Very scary.
    I suspect the latter condition will afflict me again after my marathon
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Only the one club session for me this week... and with the mighty Coventry City on the telly, i ran this from home, and somewhat neglected my warm-down afterwards, and even the warm-up was a little rushed. (was all a bit of a waste of time as City were a goal down within 4 minutes anyway).

5 x 5 minutes, with 2 minute recovery.

6.5 miles in total, on top of 4 brisk miles in the morning.

All easy now until saturday and the Black Mountains... a little surprised (and pleased) about the comparatively low numbers for a champs race, on a course i know well... although i think the masses are going to be fortunate with the weather.

A much cooler feel for tonight's RATRun from The Packhorse Inn at Crowdecote. From the pub, over the Dove and straight up a newly mown field to Edgetop and then down into the Manifold valley. Fantastic running over fields to Brund and then up to Sheen, and along the ridge to High Close Farm before dropping back into the Dove at Pilsbury and along the valley back to the Packhorse.

7.5 miles, 901 feet in 1hr 16min and we just got back before dark, headtorches will be required next week! Once in the pub cheesy chips were devoured with the help of a very refreshing Ignite 3.9% from Hartshorns Brewery.

A very leisurely 6.5 miles this morning to bring the week to an end.

76.5 miles.

Pleased with yesterday's result, but as ever, never entirely satisfied.

Next week is Peris... although i've dropped down to the Half Race, as there's no way i can knock out another good 4hr+ performance in less than a week.

Had to say goodbye to my Adidas fell shoes after yesterday, they've took some punishment and yesterday met their end when the sole basically split in half... i was generally happy with their performance... similar to the x-talon in weight (and lightweight feeling), but more comfortable... but sadly they haven't lasted as long as i would have liked (this also happened with the x-talons)

Have ordered some of those La Sportiva ones with the built in ankle-gaiter.... hopefully they turn up soon or i'll be running at Peris in road shoes!
    Last edited by Travs; 18-09-2022 at 04:55 PM.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    This morning was a trip out to Shropshire with 14km and 450m ascent over the southern end of the long Mynd. Very quiet and peaceful with just a few paragliders around. Then a drive over to Corndon and walk this afternoon taking in Mitchell's Fold stone circle.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

15 miles for me, into Coventry from the north, past the site of the old Coventry City ground, and back via the city centre.

Whatever happened to Highfield Road?? A housing estate no doubt! Went to a few games there.

Quote Originally Posted by gazb View Post
    Whatever happened to Highfield Road?? A housing estate no doubt! Went to a few games there.
    Yes its one of those new housing estates. There's a small bit of wall left where the turnstiles were to the West End... and a plaque in the middle of the housing estate, but thats it.

Was quite sad to run past all the old pubs we used to frequent on a saturday, which are even more run-down, derelict, or industrial buildings now.

The forecast rain arrived late this afternoon making it very slippery underfoot for tonight's RATRun from The Derwentwater Arms in Calver. Six of us set off in waterproof jackets for what was basically a circuit of Coombs Dale taking in some rarely used paths, trods and sections of both Calver and Stoney Middleton fell races. Once at Deep Rake headtorches were required for the descent from Hassop Common during which we disturbed an owl from a low branch and a badger scuttled across our path.
    We crossed the Hassop/Calver road and then a final trot through Bramley Wood back to The Derwentwater.

Once inside delicious cheesy chips were washed down with a very good Whatever, 3.9% from Eyam Brewery.

A total of 7.5 miles, 1,465 feet in 1hr 19 mins. After a 10 mile road run yesterday I found tonight tough going.

I don't get over that side of the valley often enough these days sticking mainly to the gritstone edges.

All being well the Calver fell race will be back next year.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run