Page 1664 of 1699 FirstFirst ... 6641164156416141654166216631664166516661674 ... LastLast
Results 16,631 to 16,640 of 16986

Thread: Today's Training

Dragged myself out on Saturday evening for a run. Up Lathkill Dale to Cales Dale and then up the steps to Calling Low. Across the fields to Moor Lane and then down into Bradford Dale and Middleton by Youlgreave. Across more fields to Alport and then back up Lathkill Dale to Raper Lodge. Up out of the dale and more fields towards Haddon Hall and back up to home.

Just over 10 miles, 1,071 feet in 1hr 32min.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

With our club group on a break between track and winter season, it was up to me to train on my own last night.

So went down to the local parkrun course with a bit of chalk and marked out a mile rep.

Session was mile reps with approx half a mile slow recovery to take me back to the start.

Didn't have a set number... was just going to continue until the quality dropped off.... had no idea where that would be, but somewhere between 3 and 6, secretly hoping to make it to 5.

In the event i did 4.

5:42
    5:44
    5:43
    5:49

Could definitely have squeezed out another one if i'd emptied myself, but was just looking for good quality rather than totally destroying myself (and i feel stiff enough this morning as it is!)

Those times are nothing to write home about, however it is not a fast mile... a number of sharp bends and twists, a hill.... numerous dog walkers, groups, etc (its a town park after all). And the weather was pretty unpleasant.

So overall was pleased with the session... in particular the pace i was able to maintain whilst running fairly relaxed.

10.5 miles for the session, on top of 4 miles easy AM.... its been a solid start to the week with 29 miles over the first two days.

Saturday's plan for a parkrun has changed as i've booked an hour at the track.... intention is to either do 800mtr reps, or a straight 10km effort somewhere just below 40mins.

Next couple of days will be a good test of how my new regime of rowing helps recovery after a hard session.

Did another 25mins tonight and feel pretty good considering i did a session 24hrs ago.

Saturday will be the proof though.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I seem to have suffered a severe attack of fitness. Today's session of hill reps in the Outwoods were done in times of 2:28, 2:34, 2:35, 2:33, 2:37, 2:36. That 2:28 is the fastest that I have ever done one of these (and I started doing these reps about five years ago). My benchmark for a good session is a mean time below 2:40; I'm fairly sure today is the first time I have done all six reps under 2:40.

With two races planned for September, I hope this translates into race performance, and doesn't just mean that I am getting very good at 45-metre climbs at moderate gradients.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Well done Anthony.

What are your two September races?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Half Peris....?

Track session for me this morning.... ended up doing a straight 8km effort in 31.06

8.5 miles for the total session. Looking at a decent haul this week, probably going to sneak over 80 miles by tomorrow night.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Well done Anthony.

What are your two September races?
    I've booked next weekend at Wasdale Hall Youth Hostel. I bought some new Walshes after last year's Scafell Pike race, so I'm hoping they won't fall apart on the way down this time.

More tentatively, there's the Ceiriog Canter on the last day of September. It seems a long way to go for a Category BM race, but the Ceiriog valley holds some special memories for me, and I haven't been there for a long time.

I had actually been thinking of going to Longshaw today, but Mick Lynch reckoned that wouldn't be a good idea, and I always listen to his advice. As for Half Peris (or Shelf Moor on the same day), I have other commitments at home that weekend.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    Kerr: more upright, higher knee lift, longer stride, foot underneath him more when touching down.

https://twitter.com/StuartMcMillan1/...106842/photo/1

A very steady 11.5 miles today, bringing the week to an end at 83 miles... not sure if that's my biggest week of the year, but definitely the biggest of the summer.

Pleased with both sessions.

Next week.... will do a session of sorts midweek, possibly on treadmill though to save my legs a bit for a parkrun next weekend.

Did 8 x 2 minutes on the treadmill last night.

Apart from the heat, it wasn't too taxing on the lungs... but i struggled last couple of reps to keep turning the legs over at such a high pace.

Completed the session though. All easy running now until hopefully a parkrun attempt on saturday.