Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: High Heart Rate - 226 BPM ???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks every one. Sill in the hospital but expected to be released soon. Despite 4 hours on the slab every thing went well and its looking good. Amazed at the size of scar in my groin....it will not be impressing the ladies. Will post more later....:-)

Master
    Great to hear that you are OK, hopefully they did what they needed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Thanks every one. Sill in the hospital but expected to be released soon. Despite 4 hours on the slab every thing went well and its looking good. Amazed at the size of scar in my groin....it will not be impressing the ladies. Will post more later....:-)
    Quite worried
    pies

just seen this, hope all is well ian and will see you on kinder soon.

Super Moderator
    Great to hear you're doing well Ian!
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Hi, Happened to me most recently and I've blogged about it ....

http://mike-viewfromtherear.blogspot...discovery.html

I had Atrial Fibrillation and it needed a procedure known as Cardioversion to revert the heart back to a normal Sinus Rhythm. I had similar readings with the HRM ... got up to 235 on hill reps. The cardioversion was Friday the 14th February and ... touch wood, all remains well. I'll be at the hobble if anyone has any questions
    "I've never seen the like ...."

http://mike-viewfromtherear.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D-H View Post
    Hi, Happened to me most recently and I've blogged about it ....

http://mike-viewfromtherear.blogspot...discovery.html

I had Atrial Fibrillation and it needed a procedure known as Cardioversion to revert the heart back to a normal Sinus Rhythm. I had similar readings with the HRM ... got up to 235 on hill reps. The cardioversion was Friday the 14th February and ... touch wood, all remains well. I'll be at the hobble if anyone has any questions
    Interesting read Mike

as you say any one can get it and the older you get the higher the risk but one cause is endurance running. If they gave you the same drug as me then you only think you are asleep. the drug blocks your short term memory, I remember them giving it to me and then I woke up. where as my says I swore a quite a bit when they zapped me, Some thing along the lines "ouch that hurt a lot..."

I've had the full op to burn the extra circuits and my heart feels so quiet...

Thanks for that Ian, yep the only negative thing I took home on Friday evening was three big squares on my chest of what looked like sunburn and felt like it for about 24 hours. I haven't had the follow up yet as ablation was discussed earlier with the Consultant and I'm seeing him next week when, amongst other things, he'll sign my medical certificate for the Paris Marathon. I'll monitor all and see how I go and if it doesn't keep quiet then the ablation op may be for me and I'll let you know. Did you have to take it steady for a time?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D-H View Post
    Thanks for that Ian, yep the only negative thing I took home on Friday evening was three big squares on my chest of what looked like sunburn and felt like it for about 24 hours. I haven't had the follow up yet as ablation was discussed earlier with the Consultant and I'm seeing him next week when, amongst other things, he'll sign my medical certificate for the Paris Marathon. I'll monitor all and see how I go and if it doesn't keep quiet then the ablation op may be for me and I'll let you know. Did you have to take it steady for a time?
    after the two heart stopping moments it took a while to get my confidence back, i had to start racing to get me to throw caution to the wind

After the op I had to wait 2 weeks with no exercise then light exercise for the two weeks after that. but that was to allow the burns to heal and and the groin and veins to repair. my hear felt good to go...
    Took a while to get going mainly due to eating and drinking too much out of bordom and christmas period.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    after the two heart stopping moments it took a while to get my confidence back, i had to start racing to get me to throw caution to the wind

After the op I had to wait 2 weeks with no exercise then light exercise for the two weeks after that. but that was to allow the burns to heal and and the groin and veins to repair. my hear felt good to go...
    Took a while to get going mainly due to eating and drinking too much out of bordom and christmas period.
    Thanks again ... Yep, burns have calmed down to nothing a week later and so I'm off on the Falcon Flyer in a couple of weeks for Scarborough & Ryedale MRT and the the Hobble the week after. Just been fagging around the lanes near home for 15 and 12 miles respectively and all remains well and the beat is steady ... can only keep trying