Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullock Smithy

Iain - Congrats on a fantastic time! a sub-13! you must've been doing some sneaky training!?

I had a remarkably good run, feeling pretty good all the way round and sticking like glue to my 14:29 schedule (never being more that 4 minutes either up or down on it ) and clocking 14:28 at the finish - somebody said I'd finished 40th which, if confirmed, I would be well chuffed with.
    Highlights included the sunset (as I was moving between Fivewells ridge and Chelmorton), the SuperMoon lighting the way and topping out Macc Forest seeing the lights of Greater Manchester laid out ahead like a giant glittering golden lake
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Cheers and well done to you too Daz!

Wasn't too sneaky training!! I was fairly fit from WHW race, which I'd trained quite well for. Was slightly concerned that I'd rested up after it though, then didn't want to do too much leading up. To be honest Bullock was a little bit of an after thought as it were, but on the day I got into a good group early on. Ran from Peak Forest virtually solo, so last years walk through paid dividends!

Well pleased
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Weather looking good for this year....

My body isnow well attuned to hot dry sunshine so I. Hope that is what we get! Not sure big mountain walks in Pyrenees were good recovery from the GRP but the opportunities were too good to miss so I will just have to do my best on tired legs

Just been up to recce some tricky bits for myself and Mrs tfg! Hopefully it'll stay in my head and provide some shorter, quicker options! If its similar weather, with a little less rain it should be spot on, if a little chilly through the dark hours!? Looking forward to it!

Planning to do this for the first time.
    What do people use for reflective patches in the kit requirements? Are reflective strips on a rucksack OK for the rear patch?
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

I've usually taken a reflective bib to put over my rucksack (forgot to put it on one year.... oops). Some people have squares pinned on to the back of their rucksack.

Hi karen i am interested how did the grp compare to the utmb?

Strange run this year! really heavy legged early on...felt very tight and tired. Got a decent feed at Edale and felt a bit better. tried to relax and get a steady, self preserving pace going. Any chance of sub 12 hours was out the window. I'd started to think about just getting round and would have been happy with anything under 14! At Peak Forest started to realise that I'd become badly dehydrated so got into a better drinking routine and slowly from there picked it back up. From Millers Dale I felt ok. Went well to Walkers Barn then just got fatigued...finished in PB of 12.37! So kind of happy...I think. Hello again Nick Ham, it was me again, that spoke to you....though I guess loads did!

Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    Hello again Nick Ham, it was me again, that spoke to you....though I guess loads did!
    Give us a clue Iain. When and where? Although even with that information there's no guarantee I'd remember, knowing me. There was a lot of 'networking' that went on.

Well done with your time. They were perfect conditions for fast times this year. I was delighted to finish only 22 mins outside my PB of 2010, especially after recent PW performances. The after-effects of business travel must be wearing off.
    Last edited by BritNick; 07-09-2015 at 01:17 PM.