Page 175 of 185 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1846

Thread: Full Tour of Pendle

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
    the AI effect was the reason I came off the forum for a while but as I type the same old drivel has just blown up on the facebook site so I have blocked the lot of them so I dont have to read it
    I'm glad I missed all that drivel on here, doing my head in on Facebook!
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Quote Originally Posted by Darwen Dashers Calvin View Post
    I'm loath to post on a race thread on this matter, but just a couple of brief points.

The drivel was in the main from FRA Committee members and trolls who were either abusive or just sarcastic on what was a very serious thread.
    So serious that it lead to a further review of the Safety Requirements by the FRA Committee back in 2013 and a series of road shows to try and satisfy the ROs that they could comply with the new regs.

That drivel led 2 of the 3 forum moderators to resign, both citing incognito FRA Committee members trying to stifle a proper, serious discussion by trolling.

Look at Safety regs today and you will see they have moved even further in the direction that AI and others advocated so I'd suggest it achieved something.

There is a more serious point about the forum generally. In my opinion it should be for all.

If we want to talk about GPS, waterproofs and other equipment fine.

I also like to read about events up to and post race. Often useful information and advise can be gained from the many knowledgeable folk on the forum.

It should also be a forum for discussing general safety rules, competition rules, governance. It's the only vehicle to do this for most.

The subjects are often grouped very nicely and you can quite easily avoid the ones that don't appeal.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I'm loath to post on a race thread on this matter, but just a couple of brief points.

The subjects are often grouped very nicely and you can quite easily avoid the ones that don't appeal.
    Agreed now, but back then every thread seemed to be taken over, not just the safety related ones, which made it difficult to segregate general race/equipment talk.

I guess we're no helping here either though. So let me just say I had a great time on the Tour of Pendle on Saturday. Anyone out at Harriers vs Cyclists this weekend?
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

Just read it.... be the end of Facebook

When I say read it......

Quote Originally Posted by Darwen Dashers Calvin View Post

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Just read it.... be the end of Facebook

When I say read it......
    I'm with you, Brett - I think we can safely say his sense of "humour" is unique...!!
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you

I don't mind the topic at all, it was just the trolling that was boring me, the rest is fine, in fact, brilliant...If people are made how serious it can be out on the fells then it's working.

Just like with Pendle at the weekend, the runners/marshals safety was at the forefront of the RO's mind when making the decision on the course.

I bet there are some who've done it 20+ times, would be interesting to see a list on who's raced it the most, I love all the little stats like that
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Quote Originally Posted by DinoF View Post
    I guess we're no helping here either though. So let me just say I had a great time on the Tour of Pendle on Saturday. Anyone out at Harriers vs Cyclists this weekend?
    Yes, I should be. It's a short walk from my parents' house, so it would be good to do this for the first time. I'm not running too well after a few weeks off with a bad cold, so I doubt I'll trouble the scorers (as they say in cricket).

See you there, Noel. I'm heading off to that race thread now!
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Like Calvin points out, there is a thread on General Fellrunning issues about this years race. But it's still pretty sparse for what is one of the year highlights. I agree with you Hursty, the forum is (almost) dead. Hardly any banter and very few comments after each race, maybe everybody is on FacebooK/Twitter, I don't do either so can't really say, I prefer the old fashioned forum. It only takes a few minutes to voice your feelings about a race, I'm sure race organisers etc appreciate the feed back....if i've had a cracking day out on the fells, or only a fair to midling day, it's only manners to thank whoever made it possible.
    It is Twitter and Facebook, Darren, i reckon. Dunnerdale results up on twitter first by the looks of it. It's the way the media giants make it all so accessible with apps and likes and alerts, it's just very easy and very fashionable. Personally i like this old crock of a place far better than anywhere else.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent