Thread: Tenosynivitis...

Tenosynivitis...

...anyone had it? I think I might have, it feels almost like the sting from a burst blister just behind my big toe joint, on the top of my foot. It's lasted about three weeks now, but to be honest sometimes it worse than others. There's very little outward sign other than a bit of redness. It hurts a bit when I start to run, but wears off after twenty minutes or so. Also it sometimes hurts when I bend my big toe.
    I don't have much faith in my local GPs, who will probably give me a (inconclusive) blood test and then say they can't find anything wrong and tell me to rest it, and after searching t'interweb, this 'tenosynivitis' seems like the nearest thing.
    Resting it isn't really an option until the middle of May, so any help or advice from those who've had it would be welcome, if only to stick a name on it!

Master

Re: Tenosynivitis...

New one for me pb but a few questions which might help others: I assume you mean the joint where the toe joins the foot; and does it hurt bending the toe up or down or both; did you bang it at any stage; did it start after getting new shoes; any pain in the same place on the other foot; does it hurt when you walk; does it really go completely when you run; presumably no problems/pain in other joints?

Master

Mike, it's a stinging pain just up the foot from the toe joint. Hurts mainly when bending it up, a bit clicky when bending it down. Don't remember banging it, but may have whilst running. Had these shoes since xmas, getting on ok with them. Other foot's fine. walking is ok unless the pain is present (it comes and goes, sometimes worse than others). Yeah, after about 30 mins running it seems to have disappeared (maybe my mind's on other things, or foot's wet and cold enough to numb it!!) Other joints all fine...

Master

Sounds like a good description of tenosynovitis - not clear to me what brought it on nor how to treat it - hopefully others can help.