Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Dropping a few pounds

Re: Dropping a few pounds

Probably!!
    Toff, the only thing I really miss is a nice hot cornish pasty!

But then you know very well that, after sufficient pints of Dark, I would very probably completely disgrace myself in Dorothys!!

Not runnin' today then?
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Wheeze having read thru some of this and if I can summarise it all into a simple sentance!

Its about redcuing the amount of insulin released by eating the correct foods

nNow most people seem to be doing this to loose weight / reduce bloatedness.

For those on the forum who might be described as slim and athletic (or a lanky streak of pi55) is this something we should consider, as a slim and athetic bloke who hoovers huge amounts and is still constantly hungry would this work????

My book arrived yesterday, its looks a really nice book, i've only had a quick flick through it and read the first couple of pages. I'm impressed with the few recipes i've looked at, they don't seem to list loads of ingredients like some do, and there are some really easy to prepare meals.

Calf - I've only just started reading it, but it does say it's not just for people loosing weight. I'm giving it a go mainly for the nutrition side of it, it's supposed to give you more energy and stop you feeling sluggish in the morning and after lunch plus if you eat slow releasing energy foods it must help if your out running for a few hours? But of course if i loose a few pounds in the process that will be an added bonus And if i carry on with it as i have been doing, i'll be eating so much healthier and dropping all the processed foods which contain loads of extra rubbish.

Im starting to feel leaner and Im certainly not going hungry in the evenings. My weight is still the same though

Way I see it is, if I fall off at the weekend. At least I have eaten better than I would during the week 2 weeks ago, so Im bound to lose weight.

Its also about life balance, so if I can work hard at it Monday to Friday thats an improvement on before and I can still enjoy the weekend. Who knows I may actually make 7 days, but my weekends tend to be quite busy with other people sometimes eating out and sometimes drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Probably!!
    Toff, the only thing I really miss is a nice hot cornish pasty!

But then you know very well that, after sufficient pints of Dark, I would very probably completely disgrace myself in Dorothys!!

Not runnin' today then?
    .....and what about a nice Clarkes pie then?

Not running, working, as you can see!

Clarkes Pie!!!!!!!!! Get thee behind me Satan!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Calf View Post
    Wheeze having read thru some of this and if I can summarise it all into a simple sentance!

Its about redcuing the amount of insulin released by eating the correct foods

nNow most people seem to be doing this to loose weight / reduce bloatedness.

For those on the forum who might be described as slim and athletic (or a lanky streak of pi55) is this something we should consider, as a slim and athetic bloke who hoovers huge amounts and is still constantly hungry would this work????
    Well Calf, eating this way will turn off the hunger drive but if you are already skinny watch out! You may have an overactive thyroid!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Well Calf, eating this way will turn off the hunger drive but if you are already skinny watch out! You may have an overactive thyroid!

i last saw calf eating a monster sirloin and jacket potatoe
    is this allowed wheeze

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    i last saw calf eating a monster sirloin and jacket potatoe
    is this allowed wheeze

think you'll find it was worse than that - it was a PIE! pastry to boot!

of course i remained the faithful convert and stuck to a bowl of vegetable soup

3lbs off this week - girls doing good

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    think you'll find it was worse than that - it was a PIE! pastry to boot!

of course i remained the faithful convert and stuck to a bowl of vegetable soup

3lbs off this week - girls doing good

yes you did stay faithfull
    im startin my diet tonight
    im havin a salad