Page 18 of 131 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

Good job i'm away from the fun factory for a few days, time to relax in Wales and try and get rid of Shelf Moor out of my knees. I was saying to some fellow paddlers in the beck afterwards who turned out to be the winning dark peakers, i think that route would be better backwards.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Bit of a run out along the Llyn Coastal path this aft. Got a bit excited and put about 8mls in or something, it was a smashing day and with the tide out on the mile-long beach at Porth Colman, it was just asking for some studmarks making on it.

Super Moderator
    Good man. Sounds ace
    Poacher turned game-keeper

there is some great running along the Llyn.... did quite a few miles along the north coast a few years back, very windswept and wild in October, and didn't see a soul...!

Bagged a trig at Porth Ysgaden, there were some crab fisherman's huts nearby...

...check out the little oyl on the point above, stove and all, this might actually be The Master's Lounge in real life.

Today's run- Padfield plum fair without the plum fair scamper, 5.5m/1000'

First hard run since bofra Sedbergh, rest of the runs have been taken easy on the climbs. Went with k tape on the right knee, belt and braces approach, i'll see in the next few days what effect a full-on race speed run had on me.

No midweek run this week, and i think i felt worse for it. Ran Lantern Pike today and felt really drained and grotty, crap run, couldn't get in the zone and more than likely ran with poor technique which makes things worse. I've felt like this on/off ever since a dose of Delhi belly a bit over a week ago.

Weights wednesday this morning- leg squats 15kg a side plus the bar, 3x15 reps. I'm going to try and persist with this and find a comfortable level of weight/reps, it's giving me kneecap problems already so it might get dropped, especially if the weight gets so low it's pointless. I think midweek XC/fartlek will have to ride shotgun until i find out if there's any legs in wednesday weights. Every physio i've ever seen thinks weights is a good idea for me.

even doing squats with just body weight is good, though obviously more reps are required. we did hundreds of bodyweight squats when training in Thailand, and training over here for fights...

obviously I prefer a bit of weight though, personally 15kg a side is the maximum I go up to, and I'm fairly heavy in running terms ( about 12 and a half stone at the moment )

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    even doing squats with just body weight is good, though obviously more reps are required. we did hundreds of bodyweight squats when training in Thailand, and training over here for fights...

obviously I prefer a bit of weight though, personally 15kg a side is the maximum I go up to, and I'm fairly heavy in running terms ( about 12 and a half stone at the moment )
    Cheers mate, 10 felt light but maybe i'll reduce the weight. I'll be up to 20 reps on 10 a side though and i'm not sure if that would be leaning away from it being a pure power related exercise.