Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
Llani Boy if I'd known who you were I could have said 'ow do. I also left around 09:30, although no toilet visits for me as I've never suffered in that department. I also hardly saw anyone because they were all in front after the late starters had overtaken me. I did get to run with DazTheSlug for a while until I had to stop on the descent to Shatton to remove my windproof; I was burning up. I realised a short while later that I should have sweated until the road crossing and made use of the timeout. Daz it was great to chat for a while.

Even though I'd never done the reverse route, because I'd done all the Long Tours and one Winter Half Tour I knew which turns to look out for. When I came to the right turn at the bottom of Pin Dale I saw the van blocking the entrance to the footpath and thought how it would cause runners to miss it.

The organisation was excellent with the usual attention to detail so nothing is left to chance. It was my first proper race (all be it with COVID restrictions) since Haworth Hobble in 2020, and my longest 'run' since March 6th this year. Needless to say it came as a shock to the system, so much so that I got to make the acquaintance of the sweepers. It wasn't an unpleasant experience; they were quite friendly really. I struggled to walk afterwards but I was recovered sufficiently on Sunday for the next race. It's good to be back.

I took some pictures of the day.
Likewise.

I think I know who you are now! I overtook two runners at the first checkpoint and one of them had a camera who I am assuming was you especially as one of the pictures you have posted is of my back. I am the one carrying everything but the kitchen sink in the Grivel backpack.