Thread: RO forum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not being a RO of a FRA registered race I was wondering whether or not, other than listing races in the FRA calendar and posting the results, they had any obligation as to where any updates or further information was posted.

I have noticed that over the last few years a lot of important information has been put on Facebook rather than on this Fellrunner Forum. This has included changes in race times, parking information and even route changes.

A regular example is turning up for a race to find that it was full or entry changed from EOD to pre entry only and when questions are asked to be told "it was on Facebook"!

With many FRA members not being on FB and others, like myself, having left I think that whilst FB can still be used to update information it should be posted on this forum in the first instance.

As for results there is always a clamour to have them instantly and often photographs of results boards appear on FB within minutes of a race finishing often posted by a third party.

Again I think the official results should appear here first, at the convenience of the RO.

I know that RO's have a thousand and one things to worry about and would not want to burden them with any more but I think it is important that this Forum should be the first port of call for information and, with racing about to restart, now could be a good time to ensure that it is.

Obviously, if a race has its own official website, then all information would also be found there.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 30-03-2021 at 11:05 AM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I agree totally and have commented similarly on other threads.

On that note, Calver will not be taking place this year as per http://www.calverpeak.co.uk/index.shtml. I can't promise its not on also on FB but not put there by me. A quick google shows historical results on FB and race details on twitter, perhaps we should copyright this information, would that help in any way?
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run