Page 78 of 299 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays permitted exercise!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    12k walk around Willow Valley GC with my sons.

Drizzled a little but a great family afternoon by all.

8 local miles. Strange brown slippery stuff underfoot. Not used to this, may have to start using fell shoes again.

Master
    8 miles, 2,100 feet, 1 hour 55 minutes: Wansfell Ridge. About a dozen on the fell; car park at Waterhead half full - the most cars I have seen there since March. Jolly humid - still wore my gloves!

Banned
    11k walk in the competition at golf. Very warm and humid. Better when the sun came out.

6.5 iles, 750ft, 2:15
    Slow around the Beamer's Trail as kept bumping in to people we knew.

Nice to see the Butlers Arm open in Pleasington for takeaway ice cream and beer.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    12.46 miles, 3,281 feet, 3 hours 7 minutes: Fairfield Horseshoe. Lots on the fell - about 50? There was one group of about 20 men - I think they were army trainees or something like that. Several groups just looked at me when I asked "to one side please" - it was as if I was speaking a foreign language. Town is still quiet.

13.24 mile, 1800ft, 4:09

From home cross country to Brinscall, Great Hill, Piccadilly, Cartridge Hill, a pit stop at the café for some lemon drizzle cake and a chilled can of Fanta and then across the fields of Tockholes home.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

About 13 miles on the north side of Wharfedale. From Timble along the bottom of the moor to climb Beamsley Beacon and over to Round Hill and back. Yorkshire is wonderful. More runners than normal around and I got an ego boost when one was impressed with my Tour of Pendle shirt.

Master
    8.15 miles, 607 feet, 77 minutes: Troutbeck Bridge, Troutbeck itself, back to Ambleside. Far more cars - now convoys rather than ones and twos. Normally of course it is bumper to bumper at this time of year.

I hope we do not go to 1 metre - it will be meaningless except where it is strictly controlled - so many are completely ignoring space/distance on paths/pavements/roads.

Remains very humid - no thunderstorms yet.

Master
    5.56 miles, 203 feet, 51 minutes: Clappersgate and Ambleside - was heading further but turned back at a rumble of thunder - thought I had better play safe. Some bathers and picnickers near the Roman ruins, but still quiet.