Page 23 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Sally

Set + rest = 3 mins . Floor to lock to floor press-ups to failure in each set.

34 - 22 - 16 - 16 - 15 - 10 - 10
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Biceps curls, 8kg bar, 1 set each side to failure: R 42, L 31.

Chin-ups, set, then 1 min rest. Reps to failure in each set. 5 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1.

I don't do these very often, and it shows. I'm 76 Kg in weight so Im hauling that up each time. I also flitted around with technique so the results might be skewed. For the first set I stood, pulled up and lowered to standing, then off again. Set 2 and beyond were, stand, pull up; lower as far as poss. with knees bent so not standing, then trying to pull up again. I need to reflect on this for the best gains. Set 6 and beyond, I found I could do 1 pull up easily, and a bit of a second attempt, but then failure. I think I could probably have kept this rate going for multiple sets, but with minimal strength gain. Maybe I should try a longer rest or shorter (say 30 secs). Unlike when I attempt, say EMOM, i finished this exercise not feeling stretched and certainly not blowing hard as press-ups induce.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Chin-ups, set, then 1 min rest. Reps to failure in each set. 5 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1.

I don't do these very often, and it shows. I'm 76 Kg in weight so Im hauling that up each time. I also flitted around with technique so the results might be skewed. For the first set I stood, pulled up and lowered to standing, then off again. Set 2 and beyond were, stand, pull up; lower as far as poss. with knees bent so not standing, then trying to pull up again. I need to reflect on this for the best gains. Set 6 and beyond, I found I could do 1 pull up easily, and a bit of a second attempt, but then failure. I think I could probably have kept this rate going for multiple sets, but with minimal strength gain. Maybe I should try a longer rest or shorter (say 30 secs). Unlike when I attempt, say EMOM, i finished this exercise not feeling stretched and certainly not blowing hard as press-ups induce.
    Well done!

Technique wise, I have my feet off the ground/knees bent throughout each set, and start/finish each rep with arms dead straight.

Being 63 kgs or so helps.

I think it uses too little in the way of musculature to result in breathlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Well done!

Technique wise, I have my feet off the ground/knees bent throughout each set, and start/finish each rep with arms dead straight.

Being 63 kgs or so helps.

I think it uses too little in the way of musculature to result in breathlessness.
    Thanks for the tips Mike. I'll give it another whirl in a few days.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Set + rest = 3 mins . Floor to lock to floor press-ups to failure in each set.

32 - 23 - 15 - 16 - 15 - 9 - 10 - 9
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Chest to floor press-ups, sets of 8 until I could no longer do 8, 1 minute rest between sets - 6 sets of 8, then a set of 5.

Master
    Biceps curls, 8kg bar, 1 set each side to failure: R 45, L 32.

EMOM press-ups routine. 12 reps (floor to lock to floor) press-ups, every minute, for 10 minutes.

Secs remaining for each of the 10X 1 min sets.

44 - 44 - 44 - 43 - 43 - 42 - 40 - 38 - 31 - 24

I was tempted to go for an 11th set but in truth I was blowing hard and it would have been eye-popping to attempt!
    Am Yisrael Chai

Chin-ups, set, then 1 min rest. Starting from a hanging, arms straight, feet off the ground position. Reps to failure in each set. 3 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 0
    Am Yisrael Chai