Page 15 of 97 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Sally

set + rest = 3 mins Chest, abs, knees press-ups.

33 - 23 - 17 - 15 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 11
    Am Yisrael Chai

Every Minute On the Minute (EMOM) press-ups routine. That's 12 reps (floor to lock to floor) press-ups every minute for 10 minutes. After the previous attempt with 10 reps was fairly straightforward, I increased the number of reps to 12 for the 10 sets. Disaster!!! I thought that after yesterday's break I'd have an edge and today's run was just an easy 6.5 miles on the fells behind. But...

Secs remaining for each of the 10X 1 min sets.

39 - 36 - 38 (looking up YAY)- 36 - 26 - 14 (Jezzz!) - 8 - 2 - fail - fail

Because of the nature of this exercise, when it starts to go wrong there's little chance of recovery.
    Am Yisrael Chai

set + rest = 3 mins . Floor to lock to floor, press-ups.

34 - 24 - 19 - 14 - 11 - 11 - 12 - 11
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Dumbbell bicep curls 2x10kg. Eccentric lowering (count of 5). 3 mins rest between sets.

39 - 22- 22 - 12 - 12 - 11 - 11
    Are you doing these with a 10kg weight in each hand? I only have an 8kg bar and an 8kg kettlebell so cannot use them simultaneously. Having just gently restarted doing upper body exercise I have managed 1 set of 15 reps on each side - I am taking it easy for multiple reasons - I can remember getting a very sore biceps tendon doing biceps curls decades ago. I am very impressed with your numbers.

Another crack at a Sally attempt - 2 mins 23 secs (rubbish form towards the end!)- Some progress, but I've still aways to go
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Are you doing these with a 10kg weight in each hand? I only have an 8kg bar and an 8kg kettlebell so cannot use them simultaneously. Having just gently restarted doing upper body exercise I have managed 1 set of 15 reps on each side - I am taking it easy for multiple reasons - I can remember getting a very sore biceps tendon doing biceps curls decades ago. I am very impressed with your numbers.
    Yes, two 10kg weights in each hand raised and lowered simultaneously. They're ancient (30 yrs old?) Orbatron weights (red plastic covers), so that's 2x4kg + 1x2kg in each hand. I've got a couple of spare 4kg weights I could add to increase the weight to 12kgx2. They are quite bulky and it means I have to adopt a 'hammer' grip to lower and raise them from adjacent to my hips when my arms are full extended downwards. Just below my waist. That's probably not a bad thing as I believe it can prevent lower arm / wrist strain. I choose to lift simultaneous as it prevents me potentially being tempted to twist my body and wrecking my back. I'm constantly mindful of my lower back and try and keep the weights as close to my chest as possible to prevent too much of a 'lever-effect' and also trying to avoid any momentum swinging of the weights from my sides upwards.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Every Minute On the Minute (EMOM) press-ups routine. That's 12 reps (floor to lock to floor) press-ups every minute for 10 minutes.

Secs remaining for each of the 10X 1 min sets.

42 - 40 - 39- 36 - 34 - 32 - 22 - 11 - 2 - fail

Better than the last EMOM of 12 reps, but still a frustration.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Technique matters - 25 R and 21 L today, by lifting the bar vertically with my elbow going back, rather than moving the bar in a semicircle and keeping my elbow still.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Technique matters - 25 R and 21 L today, by lifting the bar vertically with my elbow going back, rather than moving the bar in a semicircle and keeping my elbow still.
    That sounds good Mike.

Today, I tried something a little different. So, back to the floor to lock to floor pressups until failure, but then a 3 mins 'rest' in between sets, during which I did one set of 30 squat reps, in each rest and a set of squats to finish.

Press-ups 33 - 25 - 20 - 16 - 15 - 15 - 15 - 12

I had initially set out to do press-ups+ rest = 3 mins, but somehow got distracted! As it happens, I enjoyed the change.

I should add that, unlike Mike, I did not go for a run today
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Biceps curls - 8kg bar - lifting vertically: 28 R, 26 L.