Page 33 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Out of interest I thought I would compare pull-ups with my recent chin-ups. Pull-ups are widely accepted as being harder, and some people claim "better".

With 2 minutes rest between sets to failure I managed 3 - 2 - 2 - 1.

Around about the start of Covid I managed 5 pull-ups, and after short rest, 9 chin-ups - these remain my life-time records. Those were the days!
    The way my bar is set up, I can only do chin ups (palms facing towards me?) as it's wedged in a doorway making pull-ups tricky. I've never managed 9 chin-up, certainly not in recent memory, and 5 is about my best.

Today, dumbbell bicep curls. 2 X 12.5 kg. Simultaneous lifting with both arms. Eccentric lowering. 2 mins break between sets, during which I did x( 10) reps of floor to lock to floor press-ups. Curl Reps were to failure, per set.

21 (10) - 20 (10) - 17 (10) - 11 (10) -10 (10) - 11 (10) - 10 (10)

Spent part of the evening carrying 25 litre water containers to and fro around the village watering the plants in the tubs, so that was a bit of a work out too
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    15 sets to failure, 2 minutes between sets, first 5 sets pull-ups, the rest chin-ups:

3 - 2 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 1.

Clearly, as one would expect, some of the same muscles are involved.

Set + rest = 3 mins . Floor to lock to floor press-ups to failure in each set.

33 - 29 - 17 - 14 - 12 - 9 - 9 - 9 - 9 - 9

Also, this morning - chin-ups, with 2 min breaks between sets 5 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    15 sets to failure, 2 minutes between sets, first 5 sets pull-ups, the rest chin-ups:

3 - 2 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 1.

Clearly, as one would expect, some of the same muscles are involved.
    Practising for some rock climbing Mike? You're getting good at those - well done.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Practising for some rock climbing Mike? You're getting good at those - well done.
    Thanks. They do give me a sense of accomplishment, as for most of my life I could not do any.

I can remember a female rock climber being interviewed on the local news - she was asked how many pull-ups she could do - her reply was "One arm or two?" This was met with astonishment and laughter so we never actually got an answer.

No climbing for me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Set + rest = 3 mins . Floor to lock to floor press-ups to failure in each set.

33 - 29 - 17 - 14 - 12 - 9 - 9 - 9 - 9 - 9

Also, this morning - chin-ups, with 2 min breaks between sets 5 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2

Well done!

I have to confess, i don't understand what you're all doing. I've gone through it several times whilst bored in the boozer, and it makes no sense.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I have to confess, i don't understand what you're all doing. I've gone through it several times whilst bored in the boozer, and it makes no sense.
    Yeap... it makes no sense, but it's fun. A bit like fell running perhaps? Although, maybe trying to develop and keep core strength through fun ways will help us to better cling on to our zimmers when we're tottering old (erm...a bit older) gits
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Alternating sets to failure of chin-ups and chest to floor press-ups; 2 minutes rest between each set; 8 sets of each.

Chin-ups: 5-3-3-3-3-2-2-2.

Press-ups: 20-15-12-13-12-11-11-9.

A bit tired today, so I am not surprised at the dip in numbers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Give it a go - Mossdog and I would welcome your good company. Even one set to failure of press-ups, chin-ups or pull-ups would be interesting.