Page 62 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Sally

Dumbbell bicep curls. 2 X 12.5 kg. Simultaneous lifting with both arms.Eccentric lowering. 2 mins break between sets. Curl Reps were to failure, per set.

27 - 17 - 13 - 11 - 11 - 11 - 10 - 9 - 9 - 9
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Chin-ups with a weighted pack, total extra weight 4.1 kgs, sets to failure, set + rest = 4 minutes, 8 sets: 4 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 3 - 2. So 22 in total.

Master
    Chest to floor press-ups, with a weighted pack on, total extra weight 5 kgs, 8 sets to failure, 4 minutes = set + rest: 16 - 11 - 10 - 9 - 10 - 9 - 9 - 9. Total = 83

Getting closer to the "ideal" 8-12 reps - not sure if my pack will tolerate much more weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Chest to floor press-ups, with a weighted pack on, total extra weight 5 kgs, 8 sets to failure, 4 minutes = set + rest: 16 - 11 - 10 - 9 - 10 - 9 - 9 - 9. Total = 83

Getting closer to the "ideal" 8-12 reps - not sure if my pack will tolerate much more weight.
    Great going Mike. Yes, I have to be carefully backpacking now due to back niggles, so I'm not sure I'd want to 'tempt fate' by adding a pack for press-ups at the moment.
    Am Yisrael Chai

EMOM - sets of 11 press-ups, floor to lock to floor. Time in secs remaining for each min.

41 - 41 - 41 - 42 - 42 - 42 - 38 - 31 - 23 - 12
    Am Yisrael Chai

Somewhat different (for me) today.

press-ups, floor to lock to floor. Sets between 4 min rest. Each set to failure.

Reps per set: 33; 21; 22; 26 (!); 23; 21

Between sets rest as I'm keen not to rush these as I want to ensure my form stays on track and so avoid those back-ache niggles.

A few notes. Floor was palms off the floor at the bottom of the movement. I'm not sure what's best here. Palms off means a full dead weight lift for the next rep, but perhaps keeping the palms in contact means no isometric rest for the muscles?

Failure? Can mean I don't subjectively feel I can do another rep, but in this case I made sure by attempting the push-up and actually failing (a bit like chin-ups!).

The distribution of reps here is odd. That 26 suggests 4 mins provides too much resting and maybe I should try 3 mins to ensure better fatigue? It was too late in the exercise, but I did wonder whether wall squats in the 'rest' periods might have been a good idea.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Chin-ups with a weighted pack, total extra weight 5 kgs, sets to failure, set + rest = 4 minutes, 8 sets: 3 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2. So 17 in total.

I could certainly feel that extra 0.9 kg.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Somewhat different (for me) today.

press-ups, floor to lock to floor. Sets between 4 min rest. Each set to failure.

Reps per set: 33; 21; 22; 26 (!); 23; 21

Between sets rest as I'm keen not to rush these as I want to ensure my form stays on track and so avoid those back-ache niggles.

A few notes. Floor was palms off the floor at the bottom of the movement. I'm not sure what's best here. Palms off means a full dead weight lift for the next rep, but perhaps keeping the palms in contact means no isometric rest for the muscles?

Failure? Can mean I don't subjectively feel I can do another rep, but in this case I made sure by attempting the push-up and actually failing (a bit like chin-ups!).

The distribution of reps here is odd. That 26 suggests 4 mins provides too much resting and maybe I should try 3 mins to ensure better fatigue? It was too late in the exercise, but I did wonder whether wall squats in the 'rest' periods might have been a good idea.
    Well done. Those half press-ups confirming true failure are tough. As to palms off the floor or not, I doubt it makes any difference once your chest is fully on the floor - your arms are doing very little work either way. I just let my elbows flop out to the side rather than lifting my palms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Chin-ups with a weighted pack, total extra weight 5 kgs, sets to failure, set + rest = 4 minutes, 8 sets: 3 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2. So 17 in total.

I could certainly feel that extra 0.9 kg.
    That's sounding suspiciously like special forces training, prepping for some bad shi7 black ops
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Chest to floor press-ups, with a weighted pack on, total extra weight 5 kgs, 8 sets to failure, 4 minutes = set + rest: 16 - 12 - 10 - 10 - 10 - 9 - 9 - 9. Total = 85.