Thread: Another hamstring

Another hamstring

Does anyone here have any experience of a persistent hamstring strain? I strained (or put a small tear) in mine in January and it is still far from right.
    I am seeing a physio (who diagnosed small tear) and who has prescribed me strengthening exercises, which I am doing. It was finally showing some signs of improvement last week (still a long way from recovery), inexplicably this week it is back to spasming pain while just walking round the house. I'm just frustrated with the 4 steps forward, 3 steps back progress.
    Can anyone show me the light at the end of the tunnel? Does anyone have experience of this injury? I'm just wondering if this 4 steps forward/3 steps back is the usual way back to fitness. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PiesAreGood View Post
    Does anyone here have any experience of a persistent hamstring strain? I strained (or put a small tear) in mine in January and it is still far from right.
    I am seeing a physio (who diagnosed small tear) and who has prescribed me strengthening exercises, which I am doing. It was finally showing some signs of improvement last week (still a long way from recovery), inexplicably this week it is back to spasming pain while just walking round the house. I'm just frustrated with the 4 steps forward, 3 steps back progress.
    Can anyone show me the light at the end of the tunnel? Does anyone have experience of this injury? I'm just wondering if this 4 steps forward/3 steps back is the usual way back to fitness. Thanks.
    When I was in the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital in Birmingham, the man in the bed opposite me was operated on to remove a bone spur at the top of his femur that was persistently causing tears in his hamstring.

I am not in any way suggesting that you have this condition, but it does exist and if you continue to get tears it may be worth having a scan or X-ray to rule it out

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    When I was in the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital in Birmingham, the man in the bed opposite me was operated on to remove a bone spur at the top of his femur that was persistently causing tears in his hamstring.

I am not in any way suggesting that you have this condition, but it does exist and if you continue to get tears it may be worth having a scan or X-ray to rule it out
    Thanks for the info Marco. Poor chap. I'll bear that in mind.