Thread: Ribble Valley 10K

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm provisionally looking at this for next year.

Would fit in well with my current 2024 calendar and give me something different to work at in the latter part of the year.

This autumn/winter has gone well with a similar approach and the Brampton-Carlisle 10 in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I'm provisionally looking at this for next year.

Would fit in well with my current 2024 calendar and give me something different to work at in the latter part of the year.

This autumn/winter has gone well with a similar approach and the Brampton-Carlisle 10 in November.
    that's our race Travs and always popular. When people run it, they wonder why it is a fast course as it isn't flat.
    I think it's about when the inclines come in the race - the main drag is from about 1/4 mile and lasts about 1 mile and climbs about 150ft but the momentum of the race carries you through it and then the next 2 miles drop around the same 150ft.
    Back in the day when I was chasing a sub 40 was shocked to get to the mile marker in 5:48! I managed a 38:50. Not the ideal way to run.
    Having said that the start was 400 yards back up towards Clitheroe then so the mile marker was before the top of the drag.
    Then there's 2 short kick ups, but they are both preceded by a nice long flat or slightly down section so really helps the average pace.
    But it's very well organised and well worth thr trip.

If you decide to take part give us a shout nearer the time and if you come up north and fancy a recce, quite happy to take you round - but I'd be slow - around and hour at the moment :/
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell