Elidir evening race

Some pictures of the race are here ;

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/the.un...ay290408Elidir

or via

www.teamdolly.co.uk

Cheers

Pete

Re: Elidir evening race

Cheers for the pics again. If only we could get the results up so fast, still waiting on Mynydd Mawr results, I don't think they want to release them until all the % times are calculated, but noone cares about that at the first instance, just times and positions.

Hard run last night, very boggy, a bit of a contraversial turn around, but the race map and briefing made it clear any descent route was allowed. I think the front guy didn't know the area and everyone followed him. Even when I took the straight descent line only 2 or 3 went on similar lines and everyone else stuck high, which I reckon was at least 2 minutes slower than the valley. I thought more would follow me as most knew we ran from my door.

I hope that you are exaggerating when you say the time difference was at least 2 mins. It would have been a great race for me if that were to be true and had I decided to take the lower option.

Was there a race map? I got the impression from Mike's briefing that the specification he gave was the sole description of the course. I was sure he said we were supposed to follow the trod that your wife and the doggies were on. Having said that, I arrived late and was paying more attention to fastening my number than to listening so I am probably entirely wrong.

Isn't that your third bronze of the series Iain?

I don't think so. Scott Butterworth was a good minute ahead of me at the turn around and I was over a minute ahead at the end. And on that sort of descent I don't think I'd take too much time off him.

Mike said make your way back to the finish. He did mention the trod, as he thought it may be quicker, but didn't say take it.

No 2 3rds, 1 5th and a 8th or 9th was it? in the first race. Wasn't going to do Tuesday as I had a race last night as well.

video is up now

http://www.teamdolly.co.uk/races/elidir2008.htm

Cheers

Pete Mac

Y Garn on sunday next event