Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Vibram Fivefingers Anyone???

Re: Vibram Fivefingers Anyone?

Well two days after my paltry 2 mile run in aqua-shoes/fivefingers-for-cheapskates and my calf muscles are still really sore - think I might have overdone it a bit

IMO sore calves means your doing it right!!!

I'm now at the stage where I've got sore balls [of my feet] from constant granite pounding.

would be interesting to do a race in them though, I think I could have easily barefooted the last Hereford off-road league, and it was probably dry enough for the 'brams. I suppose that is the ultimate test really...

I did my first barefoot run yesterday, but without shoes, because I can't justify the cost right now. 2 miles on the local running track felt just about right, with sore skin and 2 blisters, but my legs felt fine.

This morning though, they were pretty tight when I woke up but they'll be fine for a run at lunchtime.

So shoe-less barefooting works well too, even if it's tough on your skin, but that's part of the reason for doing it I guess.

Barefoot is best

Anyone else found that they can no longer stand wearing "normal" running shoes anymore? Whenever I stick on a pair of shoes now, they feel like cloggs! I dug out a pair of racing flats I used to wear before I started to suffer from shin-splints and went for a 2 hour run last night and it felt pretty good. My feet could still feel almost everything they touched which was good. Because they are so low profile I found that having no grip wasn't that bad because I could feel the ground.
    Is there a trail racing flat out there? I know you can get Inov8 and Walsh's under 250g but I'm talking about sub 150g!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Terry the Tortoise View Post

Is there a trail racing flat out there? under 250g but I'm talking about sub 150g!
    In a word NO

But watch this space

Haha...can't wait!

Terry

I too can no longer tolerate cushioned shoes. I recently sold my Salomon Ultras and no longer use my Adidas Kanadia. I run off road in aqua shoes (trail running not fell running), on grass barefoot and run on road with Adidas Adizero Pro or Feiyue shoes from Tai Chi Finder. I'm still looking for a pair of fell running shoes (tried Mountain Glads but they didn't fit) and may go for the Inov 8 talons - though I may wait to see if they bring something else out that is lighter!

Master

What size feet are you Richard
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

I think I can guess what you're going to ask - are my Kanadia for sale?!!

I was thinking about selling them but need something to run in on the stuff where my aqua shoes are not suitable so for the moment I'm holding onto them.

If on the other hand you were wanting my shoe size because you have some Fivefingers you want to sell very cheaply then let me know!!