Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: World Mountain Running Champs

World Mountain Running Champs

Word from Italy so far is that we are performing very well on a course that is more suited to the British and Italian runners!

Junior Men have taken bronze with hendry 15th, simpson 18th, mcdonald 19th and challinor 27th!!

Senior Women - Silver - Sarah Tunstall 4th, Katie Ingram 7th, Kate Goodhead 11th and Mary Wilkinson 14th.

Will let you know about the mens when they are out!!! But I am anticipation something special a la 2007!!
    "I train very hard, until I am sick. Sometimes I train like a foolish man who has no mind." -Hicham el-Guerrouj

Master

Re: World Mountain Running Cha

Are you not racing Pete
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

Unfortunately not, was never really going to make the senior team, but i expected to make the u23 team, but have found out im not quite running as well as i thought i was

Don't panic though, the hard training has begun!!!

P.S - Still not heard anything on the senior men
    "I train very hard, until I am sick. Sometimes I train like a foolish man who has no mind." -Hicham el-Guerrouj

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bant View Post
    Unfortunately not, was never really going to make the senior team, but i expected to make the u23 team, but have found out im not quite running as well as i thought i was

Don't panic though, the hard training has begun!!!

P.S - Still not heard anything on the senior men
    When are the junior lasses up

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    When are the junior lasses up
    They were first up, suprisingly they were the worst performers, as they nearly always medal!! The missus was 5th to the top, but fell badly and smashed her knee to bits, thankfully and x-ray has revealed it isn't broken!!! Mel Hyder was 23rd and Blue Haywood was 29th.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bant View Post
    They were first up, suprisingly they were the worst performers, as they nearly always medal!! The missus was 5th to the top, but fell badly and smashed her knee to bits, thankfully and x-ray has revealed it isn't broken!!! Mel Hyder was 23rd and Blue Haywood was 29th.
    whos the missus Pete?
    NMel Hyder still has 3 years in this catagory and Blue Haywood 1 so its an experience i suppose. Would they have medalled if they all finished

Wish her well Pete - I'm surprised at the low finishing positions for the other 2 - on paper this would have been our strongest team.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Wish her well Pete - I'm surprised at the low finishing positions for the other 2 - on paper this would have been our strongest team.
    What about Laura Riches. Not seen the trial results but id imagine she would have been well up there

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Cheers! I wouldn't go as far as saying it was our strongest team... Heath, Laura Park and a fit Hannah Bateson, maybe...... (just realised this was the team that won gold at the worlds last year, albeit for Eng )

Senior Women are our strongest with Sarah, Katie and Kate Goodhead.....

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    whos the missus Pete?
    NMel Hyder still has 3 years in this catagory and Blue Haywood 1 so its an experience i suppose. Would they have medalled if they all finished
    Heather Timmins. Blue went to the Euro's in 2007 so I think by now she will be looking for more than just experience?!?! But she will admit she is an awful descender and this was the first up and down race she has been too... I predict a top 10 finish from her at the Worlds next year (where it is uphill only)

And no they were nowhere near a medal as it was 2 to score, so even 5th and 23rd would have been nowhere near!