Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LakeDistrict Mountain Trial 09

Re: LakeDistrict Mountain Tria

Quote Originally Posted by RichT View Post
    Results up at http://www.sportident.co.uk/results/...DMT/index.html

99 finished out of 123 starters. Last did it in 2006 when 108 finished out of 115 starters. I was out 1 hour 35 minutes longer this year and boy did it feel like it. I was fortunate to have enough food, a new tube of Nuuns (drank 3.5 litres!) and didn't go off route but I've not felt so beaten up for a long time!

Thanks to all the fellow competitors that helped the day pass - lots of good banter along the way.

The route choices were interesting. I didn't spot the Mosedale option at all, although I did briefly consider dropping into Langdale! Well done to the course planner and a big thank you to all involved in the organisation.
    well that was fun

first trial for me 37th out of 99 in 6.50.13.
    first lesson check watch against the starters. I set off 3 minutes late not that it effected my position. I thought I'd not done very well but what do i Know.

Plan was avoid to uneccessary climbing which seemed to pay off.

Traversed every thing except CC right ankle and knee were sore due to traversing constantly on leftside slopes until Bowfell. started to die from cp 4 to 5 (the loooonnnngggggggg haul) decided to sit down for 5 minutes and eat/drink loads at Wrynose pass. crawled up Gt Carrs and then had new lease of life. Went to 6B via Seathwaite tarn. pretty good running but lots of water to drink. might have lost a minute or two but thats all. Ran quite alot up to 7 and 8. quite few runners coming up the hill as we ran down to the finish.

Well done to the organisers it was cracking day. legs not too bad but my back is sunburnt.

Had a chat with Joss, who did short couse because he's recovering from flu.

biggest round of applause? at the end for Joss completing his 47th or 48th MT legend.

well done to Dark Peak
    1st mens team
    3rd mens team
    1st ladies Team

oops for got my stats

my route worked out at 25.5 miles and 6,450ft

just found this on the sport Ident site.Routes taken

my route was pretty much the same as Duncan Archer except I contoured to 1

7 and a half hours jam packed full of mistakes for me, including going under Great How and up the beck (poor choice), too far right towards brown tongue on Scafell and getting wrapped up in those crags, sticking to paths on the way down to three shires after rounding the last crinkle from the traverse on the eskdale side, not even contemplating Mosedale which is a great looking route, sticking to the path and not just hitting the ridge on Gt Carrs and dying on my arse through not enough fluid or food thereafter.

Underestimated that big time, and will need to take more stuff to eat next time. Also, doing 5000 feet alrady that week and Peris the week before is not good prep!

Well done to all who got round, and to those to helped others get round when it was all looking a bit bleak...

I have to say that despite bonking big time up to and after 7, the view to the head of Eskdale was magnificent from there

ST

Long hard, thirsty day out and I have photos taken on the way but they need a bit of sorting before publishing.

In the meantime, I have uploaded some "near sunrise" photos from Coniston & Wrynose taken on the way to Eskdale. Sunrise was so spectacular that I stopped two or three times, the best of the photos are here -

http://www.justusandafewfriends.blogspot.com/

FSS
    Were you the chap in the Horwich vest that I bumped into on several occasions stopping to take some piccys? If so, we traversed under Skafell together (I commented about hoping Inov8 new their craft) and pointing out the moody cloud creaping over Mickeldore.
    Would love to see those photies when you get them sorted.
    Rgds

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by FellShoeShuffler View Post
    Long hard, thirsty day out and I have photos taken on the way but they need a bit of sorting before publishing.

In the meantime, I have uploaded some "near sunrise" photos from Coniston & Wrynose taken on the way to Eskdale. Sunrise was so spectacular that I stopped two or three times, the best of the photos are here -

http://www.justusandafewfriends.blogspot.com/
    superb photos Ian

The sky the night befor was awesome. I havent seen it so clear for years. A night leg of the BG in those condition would be truly special
    Last edited by IanDarkpeak; 14-09-2009 at 09:58 PM.

Whilst myself and Darth where reccying langdale yesturday, as we where climbing up to the Esk Hause shelter from Angle Tarn, runners wearing numbers suddenly started appearing from nowhere.
    I shoulted to a chap which race it was because i'd totally forgotten when the Mountain Trial was.

I was talking to Number 147 all the way up to Ore gap and he seemed to be in reasonably high spirits and didnt mind me asking lots of questions about the race.
    The rest of the folks i said hello to seemed to be slightly more antisocial.
    I bumped into Number 147 again climbing down Bad Step off the Crinkles and a few others had caught him up and their faces where a picture wondering how they hell they'd get down.
    After my expect advise both three of them soon got down.

Well Done all.

Quote Originally Posted by abd View Post
    FSS
    Were you the chap in the Horwich vest that I bumped into on several occasions stopping to take some piccys? If so, we traversed under Skafell together (I commented about hoping Inov8 new their craft) and pointing out the moody cloud creaping over Mickeldore.
    Would love to see those photies when you get them sorted.
    Rgds

Andy
    That was me, Andy. I'll have them on my blog by the end of week.

Banned

Write up by Steve Birkinshaw
    HERE