My house backs onto farmland which is very popular with dog owners. On my way back from a run this morning I had to go through a gap in some trees where the path is through very thick mud. At the same time I got there, at fullish speed, several large dogs and their owners started to appear through the gap. I had to slide almost to a halt to avoid the tree (almost!) that one dog was carrying and then try and keep some momentum to get through the mud. A couple of the people made some sort of effort to move out the way, (though the dogs, as they do, just ran in front of me) but the last bloke just stood gawping as I nearly piled into him.

Anyway, as I carried on I heard sarcastic shouts and jeers of "your welcome" and the like, but,

WHAT THE F@@! SHOULD I HAVE SAID THANKS FOR? THE NEAR IMPACT WITH A SIX FOOT BRANCH, THE FACT THAT NONE OF THEIR DOGS ACTUALY MAULED ME OR TRIPPED ME UP OR THAT A COUPLE OF THEIR PARTY OF ABOUT 8 PEOPLE AND DOGS BLOCKING THE WHOLE BLOODY PATH MOVED SO I DIDN'T HAVE TO SWIM IN THE MUD???? I ASK YER!

Rant over..... I'll take me tablets now...