Thread: Where to live around W. Yorks

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Where to live around W. Yo

Quote Originally Posted by A.G's Missus View Post
    Getting this thread back on track...

A G hasn't mentioned my needs! Need to be near Hebden because I'm a bit of a hippy and want to do all the social stuff (poetry readings, books, films, art etc...). Andy isn't going to be leaving Rossendale Harriers but can train with other clubs.

So, does anyone know of cheap (but nice) areas? Also, anyone living in Hebden who could guide me in the above?

A.G's Missus xxx
    Hebden's got everything that a "tree-hugger" could want... poetry recitals, craft shops, lesbian-friendly clubs, arthouse cinema and vegan cafes etc... It's not all idyllic all the time, as it can be a bit chavish at night in some of the town centre pubs.
    Heptonstall and Old Town sit above Hebden and there's some lovely villages going out of Hebden near Mytholmroyd - Booth, Luddenden, Midgeley - but cheap they aint and they're not as lively as being in Hebden. Mytholmroyd's got some rough areas, but if you got a spot in Cragg Vale then that's a great place to be based. AG would have a fair commute to Bingley if you settled in any of those areas. Oxenhope would be a good place in that respect, but its a car ride away from Hebden and, again, it's not as lively as HB. All the places i've mentioned would give you (or AG) very quick access on to the moors, fantastic scenery and great running.
    As for training, CVFR are based in Mytholmroyd: billj, stringman, weetabix power, gaz, gaz77 and me are all CVFR members. There's Tod Harriers down the road as well but why would AG want to go there when there's CVFR?
    Last edited by crowhill; 24-03-2007 at 02:28 PM.