My first pair off road shoes were Inov Flyrocs, what attracted me to first look at them was their colour - electic blue with bright yellow features. Its not the reason I purchased them but it certainly got me to ask about them and I was very happy with their appearance.

A little while later I needed some shoes and saw Mizuno wave harriers at PB's van , they were blue and i thought they look nice, I wonder if they are as good as the flyrocs - they were.

Early this year I needed some shoes for 3p with a little cushioning as the ones I had blew up, came across Nike red rocks 2, bright blue with yellow facings, didn't have time to shop around and got them - impressed again both with the look and performance, they are a great shoe as I have said before.

I need some more trail shoes due to the dog eating my current more dowdy grey flyrocs, so off to sports shoes unlimited this am to buy some - looked at mizuno harriers (inov have priced themselves out of my pocket) which after several colour changes are now being sold in bright blue with yellow facings, also fancied some Walsh spirit light trail shoes go on guess what colour they are....................... yup blue with yellow facings.

So now all my off road shoes other than my Walsh fell shoes ( black and white but there is a blue and yellow version possibly the originator of this colour scheme?) are the same colour and of a similar design and I am getting a bit fed up. Can we have some originality in design please or at least new thinking, admittedly this colour scheme got me interested in the first place but I am rapidly getting fed up of this and its starting to have the opposite effect.

Admittedly colour does not affect performance but how many recent posts have their been about people not wanting to try walshes cos of the appearance? (I have bitten the bullet and they are great).

Its not all bad of course my family who have no interest in my running have no idea how many shoes I buy as they all look the same, but if they did notice the finances would be much better so new colours please.