Hello, my name is William Tuck and I am a product design student at Derby University.

OMM have set up a project with the university for the course I am studying in which we have been asked to re-design part of their outdoor backpacks. The project is to re-design the parts of the bag which make contact with the user, e.g. the shoulder straps, the chest straps and the padded back of the bag. The aim is to make the bag more comfortable to wear when doing any mountain running events and also to reduce the weight of the bag.

I have done a little camping in the mountains but I have never done any kind of mountain running events so I have very little knowledge about what makes a good backpack for these events so I would appreciate any help I could get.

If you have any ideas about what improvements I could make to the bag then I would appreciate it a lot, also if there is anything which you do not like about any backpack you have previously owned then I would appreciate to find out.

OMM have agreed to make the best design into an actual bag for the winner to keep and if they think it is good enough they may consider putting it into production so this could be your chance to influence new designs. (though I can't guarantee anything)

Thank you for your time and help.

William Tuck