In the spirit of DT's thread I thought it might be an idea for people to tell us some of their back story with links to fell running and the forum. Why you run or ran, some of your best times, your friendships, experiences... maybe regrets as well.

I didn't have a running background unless you county schools athletics. I was a hockey player through secondary school until around 30 when I stopped and did nothing but put on a couple of stone until the age of 38.

Mrs WP was an ex runner and wanted to get the two girls down to Blackburn Harriers and I tagged along as a Dad. Next news we are having a plod around a 2 mile loop in the park and I get roped in to Cross Country.
My first race was the Mid Lancs at Kendal, 202nd of 234 runners.
I did my first fell race in July 2004. The Tockholes Gala Fell Race. I didn't know at the time but I finished just in front of Swoop and we've continued to bump in to each other over the years since. Mostly see him now as he tours Parkruns.
I loved the race and got the bug.
My experiences have been limited somewhat as most of the time since then I've been a Dad, Coach and Team Manager, so my efforts have been limited by following the kids around.
Now I have dropped the duties, I'm not fit enough to do what I'd like to do and experience some of the great places many of the forumites have. I'll get there. If I can't run them I'll just have to walk them
Most fun I had linked to the Forum was with Danbert. He also ran local Cross Country for Rochdale and what a character he was.
We had a bit of a challenge at the National Alton Towers one year and I managed to get in before him, walk back down the course as he was coming in.
He didn't twig it was me at first as I gave him a high five about 200m from the finish. He wasn't a happy bunny
My favourite fell running experience was the 2013 Anniversary Waltz, running with Mrs WP to celebrate our Silver Wedding anniversary.
It will always be our favourite event.