Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
Well the mystery is over... 4hrs08

I'm not disappointed though, when looking at the results, i finished well clear of one or two "rivals", and was a little closer than expected to a couple that i never expected to get near.

Was warm, not quite as warm and sunny as yesterday, but enough to make it hot work. Tried not to go too hard and reached Pen Y Ghent in 39mins. The next hour across to Ribblehead was taken very steadily and people were absolutely streaming past in their droves. Reached Ribblehead in 1hr41 then turned it up a bit going up Whernside, making up 30 places.

Generally picked up places all the way to the top of Ingleborough. Reaching Ingleborough in 3hrs25 i knew that 4hrs was gone... but of more concern was starting to feel twinges of cramp in both hamstrings... luckily it never took hold, and although i somewhat ran out of steam at Sulber Nick, managed to reach the finish from Ingleborough in 43mins (i'd estimated 45mins would be needed).

As for taking some time off 4hrs08.... i'd imagine now knowing the course would be worth at least 5 mins... and i definitey lost a couple of minute from Sulber Nick.... but on the other hand, i'll be lucky to ever get underfoot conditions as favourable as today...

Hello to FellUpFellDown, nice to see you around the course and at the finish.... hope the knee recovers soon.

And to DanGilbert, good to chat after... after watching your pained attempt to get back to your feet, i tried the same manoeuvre a few minutes later, and it took me a couple of attempts!

Pete
Well done! That last descent seems to go on forever, and it always seems to be into a headwind.