Thread: Climate: The Movie

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    I am reminded of a junior doctor who worked with me many years ago. Medicine was their second degree, so they were several years older than most juniors at their level of medical experience. An excellent doctor - I would have been happy for them to look after me and my family - good company, fun to be with - and yet they were one of those who believed in the literal truth of the bible, and that, for example, the earth was only a few thousand years old.

Their other degree? Physics! We used to discuss relativity and quantum mechanics.

Disagreeing strongly with somebody on an important topic does not make them a bad person.

And when it comes to green issues, climate change "deniers" - a very loose term I know - are probably not trashing the planet any more than climate change believers. Look at some of the founders of The Green Runners - huge carbon footprints.
    Someone I know is a world authority in his field. Cambridge Double First then a PhD, hundreds of publications, many published books, etc. Respect.

He is also a devout Catholic by choice (ie not because he was brought up in that non-sensical, mumbo-jumbo faith). So clearly a fruit cake.

He is also my brother and we get on well together.

Life is a rich tapestry.

faithsie . coice aions etc
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 29-03-2024 at 09:26 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".