Thread: need to move on.....

need to move on.....

from running in the woods on my own

im mike im 25 years old like to run off roads in the woods any where away from tarmac. i live in hereford not really sure where to start any help guidence on anything would be much appreciated

Re: need to move on.....

Do you wear a dirty mac and wellies?

Some bloke near where I used to live used to love running through the woods on his own unhindered by the trappings of modern society (mainly clothing) and liked to show his love of being unhindered to people walking their dogs in said wood.

Seriously though, Nike said it best, just do it! You ain't too far from some nice big hills in wales just get out there run around a bit, learn to navigate, do a few races see what you think.

Get some good shoes as they really are the best investment if you start enjoying yourself. Maybe even join a club (but join the FRA first)

Most fell runners are a friendly lot and you will soon get to know familiar faces from events, forums, clubs and generally out and about.

Re: need to move on.....

As I recall you've got some great woodland and rural areas to run down there. Malverns, Forest of Dean and forays into Wales from there so you're well served. Maybe not the height or steep ascents as much as around the Peak but some ace trail I bet to get used for the hilly stuff.

I found that joining the forum and my local club opened it all up for me - always helps to know that you're in touch with like minded nutters! Seriously, can't stress getting to know others in your area too much so you can share the driving at least.