Just looked on ABE Books and seen copies going for between £85 and nearly £100!!!! madness!

Is there a general consensus on the forums as to what constitutes a fair price for selling from one runner to another, rather than a profiteering bookseller making a sale to a collector who's never going to read what i believe is a cracking book?

I have two copies. one of which is in perfect nick (as new) and i'm keeping.
The other was sold to me 'as new', but it isn't in my opinion.

There is a small name written in blue ink in the top right of the first blank inner leaf.
No foxing, no bending, folds or marks on the pages.
So apart from the inscription the book itself is 'as new'.

The dustjacket is what dropped the entire package down from the 'as new' description i was sold the book under.
the jacket would in my honest opinion be described as 'good'.
that is - bumping to the top and the bottom, slight tears (up to 8mm on the corners and one 15mm tear on the rear corner of the dust jacket.

i can supply photos if anyone is serious about buying.

as i mentioned, i didn't buy the book to make a profit. i bought it for my collection then found another one at a reasonable price that was A1 condition.

would rather it be read than sit on my shelf.

i've been hanging around the forums on and off for a few years, but you'll notice my new registration today.
any doubts about my integrity and i should be able to dig up a couple of runners that post here and who also post on UKC climbing forum and could 'vouch' for me.

oh yes. if one of those runners / climbers i know approaches me first with a reasonable offer then they get first dibs.