Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: comments from walkers...

Re: comments from walkers...

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    It is still Craven and it is still free to go down, the charge is for bringing you back up! Some of the walks to the entrances were epics dressed in full gear and carrying several hundred feet of rope, great fun.
    I only mentioned B'ford 'cos I saw a flyer for it t'other day - definitely Bradford Caving club!

And I still shudder when I think of "Amphibian passage".....brrrr! Nowt like being on all fours with barley enough space for your head above all that meltwater. Nightmare.

Brings back memories that. When I were a youth (14 or 15) we used to catch the bus to Ingleton and go down GG on the winch with borrowed helmets and our bike lamps. We would then explore til the batteries ran out using a map photocopied from the show cave guide book if I remember correctly. Usually lots of people around to talk to and no one seemed too bothered by us and our total lack of experience and equipment. Pity it probably couldn't happen now adays.

Took it up properly a uni, Bham as it happens and yes I do remember the hollow hill under Dudley zoo.

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    It is still Craven and it is still free to go down, the charge is for bringing you back up! Some of the walks to the entrances were epics dressed in full gear and carrying several hundred feet of rope, great fun.
    As I said before it is Craven at August Bank and Bradford at Spring Bank. Club members camp for a week around the winch site. With bradford being the braver club cos in May they end up getting snowed on and flooded out this time of year.

Once abseiled down G G main shaft and got tangled up in the telephone wire Happy memories -not

Striding purposefully uphill and passing a group of ramblers of a pensionable age, I swear I heard one of the ladies say 'nice legs' to which another replied 'yes'...the worst of it is I was slightly flattered!

Cheers - Raymond H

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Hickman View Post
    Striding purposefully uphill and passing a group of ramblers of a pensionable age, I swear I heard one of the ladies say 'nice legs' to which another replied 'yes'...the worst of it is I was slightly flattered!
    Brings to mind the Harry Enfield characters of the two old (man mad) biddies...."young man"!