Thread: B.G.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: B.G.

i would love to have a go at the BG next year but i am really put off by the thought of tackling Broad Stand especially when knackered. I would have to go via Fox's Tarn as i believe that is the only other route onto Scafell?

23miles due West of British West Hartlepool

Quote Originally Posted by Man from Del Monte View Post
    i would love to have a go at the BG next year but i am really put off by the thought of tackling Broad Stand especially when knackered. I would have to go via Fox's Tarn as i believe that is the only other route onto Scafell?
    West wall traverse from Lords rake is an alternative, its a bit rough but I have managed it in bad weather instead of risking Broad stand. You could always take a look. Good luck with recce.
    LOST TIME IS NEVER FOUND AGAIN, WHAT WE CALL TIME ENOUGH ALWAYS PROVES LITTLE ENOUGH.

thanks
    i will have a look at Lords Rake as i thought it had been closed

23miles due West of British West Hartlepool

thanks
    i will have a look at Lords Rake as i thought it had been closed
    It was closed a couple of years ago when a large slab fell off the top, it still hangs there ominously but appears to be stable. it does make you shoot up the rake quickly and then a sigh of relief when you cross below it onto the the traverse. I always keep to the right hand side looking for an escape route or crevice to dive into.
    I have a mate who once said " I dont like that big lump of concrete stuck up there" I said concrete, dont you mean igneous rock that is a million years old, he said same thing its still going to kill ya if it falls
    LOST TIME IS NEVER FOUND AGAIN, WHAT WE CALL TIME ENOUGH ALWAYS PROVES LITTLE ENOUGH.

I had similar concerns when planning my BG but decided not to dwell on it at all, I too went up via Lords Rake and scrambled up W W traverse, I think its just as quick on a busy day and it saved any worries about the climbing