Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stretford O/M

Re: Stretford O/M

Sad to hear of the death of Jim Harris on the morning of the Stretford meeting. He will be sadly missed but has handed on the baton to Mike.
    A quiet man who was a tireless worker for his club having founded Stretford AC in 1964 with Bill Murphy.
    Details of the funeral arrangements can be found on Trafford's website
    www.traffordac.co.uk for those who knew Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Foinaven View Post
    Sad to hear of the death of Jim Harris on the morning of the Stretford meeting. He will be sadly missed but has handed on the baton to Mike.
    A quiet man who was a tireless worker for his club having founded Stretford AC in 1964 with Bill Murphy.
    Details of the funeral arrangements can be found on Trafford's website
    www.traffordac.co.uk for those who knew Jim.

RIP - Jim

My brother and I have vivid and happy memories of Jim from when we were little boys playing in the sand-pit at Longford Park.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Chaddy - no PB (9:16 needed), but happyish with that...
    Didn't watch the footy, until the penalties coz it was on at the in-laws. Say no more... anyway, what races have you got planned?

RIP - Jim Harris - indeed a stalwart of Trafford AC - minute silence observed at the meeting last night!
    You'll never Walk Alone!

Senior Member pauljonesforengland's Avatar

roadrunner - your 3k time coming down again then? Looking at your time makes you realised how fast the chasers are going doing 3k with 27 ? hurdles including the water jump., in 8.30 something (AAA's).

Was the mrs Ok? she stepped off the track in front of me as I was going backwards with 150m to go. I usually hit the bell in 65, not 61! so I paid for it on the 2nd lap.

3k time is coming down, but will never get real good unless I specifically focus on 3k training which I don't want to do. I am sure I can get it under 8.20 but much lower than that would be asking a little much of the training style I do. I managed a 14.14 road 5k on Sunday as well s I know I have some speed at the moment which I dont usually have.

Donna didn't have a great weekend running wise, not doing much for some good reasons. She decided to race last minute and obviously, not training or running the three days before didn't help her. She doesn't mind going through the bell in the time they did but then it didn't go to plan. But all in all, not bad runing from her so far this season when she didn't think she would be able to race only having a baby 6 months ago. She will be out Saturday pacing the BMC 800m A race. Think they want 58/59 which she can run easily, but which would kill me!!!!

Girl the other week she was racing said I believe you had a baby. They did the race and then carried on the conversation. The girl was pleased because she got the same time as Donna. Then got a little pee'd off when someone pointedout she had the baby 5 1/2 months ago. The girl she raced thought the baby was 1!!!
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Senior Member pauljonesforengland's Avatar

Yes, she looks good having given birth not too long ago. No doubt she'll be itching to get back to her best. Great run again at Snowdon by the way, nice treble. Watched the S4C coverage, I'd like to have a go at this next year.

Busy last night, loads of clubs had runners down. the youngsters were almost fighting to get into the 800 heats! One of the 15years gave me a good measure of arms and elbows ffs! Prececious is one word, but I had a few others, especially as I got a spiking in the back of the knee. You'd have thought it was the Olympic trials. Maybe i was holding him up, but he should work on his speed. He did well to stay on his feet 'though when I gave him some back

Lisa Dobriskey ran 4.00ish in the 1500m and looked delighted. Guess it must be a (big) PB without looking it up.
    Suppose that time should def. get her into the final in Beijing.