Page 10 of 117 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdale Horseshoe.

Re: Langdale Fell Race 6th Oct

For photo opportunities, I reckon you couldn't go far wrong by stationing yourself in one of the boggiest bits of open fell on a trod that most of the field are using; you'll get some serious 'mud action' for a start with the odd fall and the odd runner going 'in deep'

Tom mate.I was only joking about being at Esk Hause, which is decidely less of a white knuckle zone. For God's sake don't make a special trip to photograph me! Those shots you took really got a sense of movement. Why don't you take up fellrunning and bring your camera?
    Hey Deek! ... Guick! (rhymes with Deek.)
    "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Hi Guick,

I would take up fell running, if I was a machine! You guys are super human. I can do 15 mins on the treadmill, thereafter I am subject to a rapid death. Someone earlier on in this thread posted a link to his pictures from the whole race - they are brilliant. A really unique perspective to see pics taken by a runner.

Re: Langdale Horseshoe Race

A few weeks ago my brother asked me what the Langdale Horseshoe walk was like I said he'd enjoy it completely forgetting that the day he planned to go was the day of the fell race. Oops! Still he took a few photos. Anyone know who this is? http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/MrDavi...daleFellRace02
    If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

Langdale

Does anyone know how quickly this race fills up?

Wanted to wait until mid September and see how my training goes but don't want to miss entry. Last time I did this race I did it unofficially (naughty I know ) as it had filled up but I'd already arranged to go over that weekend.

Re: Langdale

Quote Originally Posted by Nila View Post
    Does anyone know how quickly this race fills up?

Wanted to wait until mid September and see how my training goes but don't want to miss entry. Last time I did this race I did it unofficially (naughty I know ) as it had filled up but I'd already arranged to go over that weekend.
    Last year I just turned up on the day - mind you it did clash with a championship race somewhere else I think.

The website says no entries on the day.

In so far as these things sometimes take on a life of their own, someone might have been able to enter on the day last year but it was sold out. I know because I persuaded the bloke to accept my entry two days late by post (which he very kindly did) so I managed to get in after the fact. Entries actually shut around 7 days before the race. It's a great run...but if you want to do it, I'd get your entry in sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Last year I just turned up on the day - mind you it did clash with a championship race somewhere else I think.
    Stolly:

Last year it clashed with one of the those four big trail races (can't remember which one; might have been Garburn.) I know quite a few who, for whatever reason, did the trail race so I suspect it did depress entries. Don't know if that will be the case again this year.

Sent entry off today.

One of my favourite races in the calendar.
    Why walk when you can run.