Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Losing weight

Re: Losing weight

Quote Originally Posted by The Piglit View Post
    Warning this post may contain woffle or traces of woffle. Made in a factory staffed by a nut.

Although this thread is specifically about losing weight to run better, I'd like to make some well evidenced points about obesity that would give your average do gooding celery crunching right on health fascist a heart attack

1. Obsesity is a side effect of improved nutrition and health. If we look at the key indicators of health - infant mortality and in particular longeivity we can see in the UK that things have never been better. Indeed if we look at developing countries who's standards of living are improving then we can also see obesity becoming a "problem". Yet look back to within (just) living memory in the UK and children affected by diseases of malnutrion as an horrific reality - as it is still in many parts of the world

2. People's metabolisms are really very diverse. Everyone gains or loses weight at different rates. Although the more calories out than in equation is an inescapeable fact, some people will find it easier to shed than others.

3. Fat is primarily a survival tool. In a developed nation where starvation isn't a problem but vanity is, that's easily forgotten. That's why women recovering from childbirth find it difficult to lose weight.

4. I'm going to have some chips NOW

Woffle ends
    And I am going to have some pizza and not worry about it because I know I'll be at the gym getting fitter again this week
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Super Moderator

I've just finished my pizza and am about to open my second bottle of Belgium beer. Piglit and MG good health!
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by The Piglit View Post
    Warning this post may contain woffle or traces of woffle. Made in a factory staffed by a nut.

Although this thread is specifically about losing weight to run better, I'd like to make some well evidenced points about obesity that would give your average do gooding celery crunching right on health fascist a heart attack

1. Obsesity is a side effect of improved nutrition and health. If we look at the key indicators of health - infant mortality and in particular longeivity we can see in the UK that things have never been better. Indeed if we look at developing countries who's standards of living are improving then we can also see obesity becoming a "problem". Yet look back to within (just) living memory in the UK and children affected by diseases of malnutrion as an horrific reality - as it is still in many parts of the world

2. People's metabolisms are really very diverse. Everyone gains or loses weight at different rates. Although the more calories out than in equation is an inescapeable fact, some people will find it easier to shed than others.

3. Fat is primarily a survival tool. In a developed nation where starvation isn't a problem but vanity is, that's easily forgotten. That's why women recovering from childbirth find it difficult to lose weight.

4. I'm going to have some chips NOW

Woffle ends
    Mmmmm.....
    Waffles!
    Extra maple syrup on mine please

try Body Pump I have never been to any other class that tones like Body Pump it builds strength and is much more entertaining than going to the gym. Its not cardio but certainly tones and gives definition. Circuits is a good overall workout - strength and cardio.

I was deeply disappointed to learn that Body Pump is merely a gym based exercise technique
    The internationally famous pork-faced mentalist