Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Barefoot Running

Re: :D Barefoot Running

I wrote a little bit about barefooting here. Not because I wanted to convince anyone that running barefoot is better, but because I think it helps to share our experiences. We can all find research -- in this day and age -- to prove and disprove almost anything, and the water gets muddier and muddier. Talking to people with similar problems, and hearing what has worked for them helps to clear that water just a little; it's more relevant.
    Whilst there is no panacea for running injuries, there does seem to be a significant number of people who have tried running without shoes and found it helps (me included). I'm no super-efficient natural, 'neutral' runner; indeed, for years, I was of the firm view that orthotics were the only way forward for me. But, 6 weeks in, running a few miles a week barefoot is doing me much more good than harm. Early days, yes, but it's fun, encouraging, and providing a new dimension to my running that I'd never have dreamt existed.

Inov-8 Insider

To return to your comment about a new shoe from Inov-8 are you able to give any further information ie. date of release, what the shoe will be like etc?

Also given that the X Talon is pretty much a 'minimal' shoe in what way will the new shoe be different?

I'm hoping it will be like my aqua shoes - very light, very flexible, very cheap (!) - but more durable and with an extremely grippy sole. I ran in my aqua shoes last night across rocks, gravel, through mud etc and my only wish was that the sole was grippy otherwise they are brilliant for running.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard36 View Post
    Inov-8 Insider

To return to your comment about a new shoe from Inov-8 are you able to give any further information ie. date of release, what the shoe will be like etc?

Also given that the X Talon is pretty much a 'minimal' shoe in what way will the new shoe be different?

I'm hoping it will be like my aqua shoes - very light, very flexible, very cheap (!) - but more durable and with an extremely grippy sole. I ran in my aqua shoes last night across rocks, gravel, through mud etc and my only wish was that the sole was grippy otherwise they are brilliant for running.
    That's what I'm hoping for.... I love my Vibram FiveFingers but they're an absolute liability going downhill on mud or wet grass... What I want are Fivefingers with X-talon grip.... too much to ask??

Banned

I cant give too much away at the moment but we are working on a few projects.

If your looking for a very lightweight, minimal amount of cushion/ underfoot protection, tight fit, studded sole.......were on with it

If your looking for the ultimate barefoot experience but with some protection for your feet..........were on with it

If your wanting a minimal road shoe that enables you to run naturally....were on with it

If you want to know why we believe in natural running then read the book
    Born to Run

Quote Originally Posted by Inov-8 Insider View Post

If your looking for a very lightweight, minimal amount of cushion/ underfoot protection, tight fit, studded sole.......were on with it

If your looking for the ultimate barefoot experience but with some protection for your feet..........were on with it

If your wanting a minimal road shoe that enables you to run naturally....were on with it

Born to Run
    looks like all three on there are going to be on my list for x-mas. wearing the x-talons today at kilnsey was a mistake as the uppers dont have enough protection feet got daggered should of choose the 280 or 330
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Born to Run
    I'm really quite excited

Was looking for a cheap pair of inov8s and look what I stumble across

F-lite 220 Guess these are the minimal running shoes? X-talon top and a parkour type seethrough sole?

x-talon boot????

http://shop.beyondextreme.co.uk

Banned

For your chance to win one of our minimalist shoes the F-Lite 230
    Enter the competition on our home page

Good luck

I cant give too much away at the moment but we are working on a few projects... <snip>
    I want those. But for folk with wide feet please. Your Performance Last shoes just laugh at me

Born to Run
    I just have

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by idler View Post
    I want those. But for folk with wide feet please. Your Performance Last shoes just laugh at me

I just have
    For those needing a wider fit....were on with that too

And what did you think of Born to Run...enlightening eh?