????
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Floyd
    We don't need no education
    We don't need no thought control
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Master

Re: WMRA Champion positive tes

Quote Originally Posted by christopher leigh View Post
    Iain I have to say this. It sounds like you're sucking up to the druggies. Athletics is like the 'emperors new clothes.' With people pretending that unless there is a positive result then that means the sport isn't dominated by doping.

The truth is athletics in all areas is dominated by doping. It is obvious to that goat I was telling you all about, but it doesn't seem obvious to the athletics hard-core. Those like Brendan Foster who drone on about how wonderful the druggies all are, whilst criticising those natural athletes that can't keep up.

Athletics is a dead duck. Quack quack!
    Your like a comedian who uses the same material over and over.
    You need to change and put sonme humour back into your arguments
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

...athletics in all areas is dominated by doping...
    This is the first positive test that i am aware of in mountain running, for all we know as IainR says, we may yet hear of the second test coming in negative.

There has been doping control for years now in mountain running...if all areas of athletics have been dominated by doping, how is it that we have only had one positive test (potentially erroneous) so far?

I think it's a very cynical viewpoint that's not good reading for younger members of the forum

Master

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    Your like a comedian who uses the same material over and over.
    You need to change and put sonme humour back into your arguments
    Yes but goats are funny. They have a very, very long stare. They also consequently have an attention span of more than 5 seconds, which is just enough to realise that the sport of athletics is dominated by druggies and those 'that suck up to them.'

'that suck up to them.'
    Chris, I've still not worked out, possibly due to being less intelligent than a goat, how I've sucked up to druggies?

Anyway, I told you about Cannavaro, charges dismissed. Football covers up more than any sport around...

Master

Quote Originally Posted by tomcee View Post
    This is the first positive test that i am aware of in mountain running, for all we know as IainR says, we may yet hear of the second test coming in negative.

There has been doping control for years now in mountain running...if all areas of athletics have been dominated by doping, how is it that we have only had one positive test (potentially erroneous) so far?

I think it's a very cynical viewpoint that's not good reading for younger members of the forum
    Tomcee young people need to know the facts about the sport they choose to enter. If they understand this it'll make their journey more realistic and enjoyable. If they don't they'll become victims of the druggies who only care about 'winning at all costs.'

Master

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Chris, I've still not worked out, possibly due to being less intelligent than a goat, how I've sucked up to druggies?

Anyway, I told you about Cannavaro, charges dismissed. Football covers up more than any sport around...
    Iain it's obvious to me if one athlete is doping in a world event, then others are as well. If the gaps between athletes are particularily big then I could make an exception, but for this race that isn't the case.

We have to remember that the pharmaceuticals available to athletes are so powerful as to produce supermen and women. It is an advantage that those who cheat refuse to do without. That's why athletics is a dead duck. The chemicals exist and so do the advantages I.e. Fame and fortune.

Best argument I've heard for keeping sports amateur.

Any one who turns up on a filthy day to heave their carcass up some godforsaken lump DEFINITELY needs testing for 'recreational' drugs that may have warped their sense of self preservation!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

It's one thing being realistic, but a negative and cynical attitude without concrete evidence can only serve to make the sport more of a dead duck right?
    Out of interest do you think our (uk) best are 'on it'? I've spent time with some good runners who have achieved a lot and can say I've never seen anything to suggest they are, and yet they are still competitive with the best in the world on their day!
    For example Ricky Lightfoot came 3rd in the WMRLDC at the weekend, that's third in a world championship. I'm going to the Kinabalu race with him in a week for 10 days. For the benefit of those aspiring to the top I'll keep an eye on him and check to see what he's on and get back to you.

I was going to mention Ricky. A good example.

Look at Anna Frost, competitive with the worlds best. I've spent quite a bit of time with her and there is just no chance that she has or would dope - it's just not a possibility. She's just bloody good.

I think it's sad that if someone is internationally competitive they are assumed to dope. TBH I think it says a lot about the people who accuse others of doping.

It's like fathers who mistrust their daughters boyfriends, because they know what they would do in their situation.