Thread: Clearance sales

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Re: Clearance sales

Quote Originally Posted by Inov-8 Insider View Post
    A Dual poll eh
    or a duel poll

Quote Originally Posted by Inov-8 Insider View Post
    If you feel the shoes are faulty take them back to the store you bought them, they will inspect them & take the appropriate action.
    Thanks, i will take them back, (and for the record would be happy to wear another pair as they really are the best on the market).

p.s please can you girls play nicely now?! xx

Banned

As with ALL brands if you think a product is faulty take it back to the store you purchased it from.

So when and where is this Recce taking place?

Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    As with ALL brands if you think a product is faulty take it back to the store you purchased it from.
    Yes, but it's much nicer if the product isn't faulty in the first place. I took my leaking Roclite 390GTX boots back to Sportshoes Unlimited. The (very nice) young manager tried to make them leak in the shop, but failed. He then explained that whereas the larger shoe manufacturers would refund on the store's say so, Inov8 would only do so when they had tested the shoes themselves. The shop would send my boots back to Inov8, and about 10 days later I could expect a decision and maybe a replacement.

2 weeks of no boots later I had still not heard back, so began a whole series of telephone calls. I gradually found out that: the shop had sent the boots back but heard nothing. Inov8 had not had the boots. The shop had actually sent the boots not direct to Inov8 but to Sportshoes' Head Office, which 6 days later had sent them on to Inov8. The carrier had delivered them to Inov8 and got their signature. Inov8 said the signature was not theirs. The boots had disappeared. At this point the Sportshoes manager rightly said that none of this was my fault and I should not be kept waiting any longer and, now that the boot season has passed, gave me a new pair.

Following all this, I will still be gratefully buying Inov8 shoes from Sportshoes Unlimited, though perhaps not GTXs.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Yes, but it's much nicer if the product isn't faulty in the first place. I took my leaking Roclite 390GTX boots back to Sportshoes Unlimited. The (very nice) young manager tried to make them leak in the shop, but failed. He then explained that whereas the larger shoe manufacturers would refund on the store's say so, Xxxx-x would only do so when they had tested the shoes themselves. The shop would send my boots back to Xxxx-x, and about 10 days later I could expect a decision and maybe a replacement.

2 weeks of no boots later I had still not heard back, so began a whole series of telephone calls. I gradually found out that: the shop had sent the boots back but heard nothing. Xxxx-x had not had the boots. The shop had actually sent the boots not direct to Xxxx-x but to Sportshoes' Head Office, which 6 days later had sent them on to Xxxx-x. The carrier had delivered them to Xxxx-x and got their signature. Xxxx-x said the signature was not theirs. The boots had disappeared. At this point the Sportshoes manager rightly said that none of this was my fault and I should not be kept waiting any longer and, now that the boot season has passed, gave me a new pair.

Following all this, I will still be gratefully buying Xxxx-x shoes from Sportshoes Unlimited, though perhaps not GTXs.
    Alex
    I guess the problem you had was Xxxx-x didnt actually receive your faulty boots for sometime.

The returns procedure as listed below is the same for all stores.

The retailer contacts Xxxx-x with the following information.
    * Retailer name, Staff name & contact details
    *Retailer returns reference number/code
    *Name of customer and contact details.
    *Xxxx-x style name & size details
    *A clear description of the fault.
    *Purchase date- very important to validate our 12 month guarantee.
    * Xxxx-x will request from the retailer a digital photo or return.
    * Decision made within 48 hours.

I hope this in someway explains.
    Last edited by Insider; 12-04-2010 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    Alex
    I guess the problem you had was Xxxx-x didnt actually receive your faulty boots for sometime.

The returns procedure as listed below is the same for all stores.

The retailer contacts Xxxx-x with the following information.
    * Retailer name, Staff name & contact details
    *Retailer returns reference number/code
    *Name of customer and contact details.
    *Xxxx-x style name & size details
    *A clear description of the fault.
    *Purchase date- very important to validate our 12 month guarantee.
    * Xxxx-x will request from the retailer a digital photo or return.
    * Decision made within 48 hours.

I hope this in someway explains.
    PLEASE can we not have this Xxxxx nonsense. I imagine it is an attempt to overcome the issues raised about advertising, but if we can't discuss the relative merits of various brands here I for one will find these forums infinitely less interesting and valuable.

Yes, but it's much nicer if the product isn't faulty in the first place. I took my leaking Roclite 390GTX boots back to Sportshoes Unlimited. The (very nice) young manager tried to make them leak in the shop, but failed. He then explained that whereas the larger shoe manufacturers would refund on the store's say so, Inov8 would only do so when they had tested the shoes themselves. The shop would send my boots back to Inov8, and about 10 days later I could expect a decision and maybe a replacement.

2 weeks of no boots later I had still not heard back, so began a whole series of telephone calls. I gradually found out that: the shop had sent the boots back but heard nothing. Inov8 had not had the boots. The shop had actually sent the boots not direct to Inov8 but to Sportshoes' Head Office, which 6 days later had sent them on to Inov8. The carrier had delivered them to Inov8 and got their signature. Inov8 said the signature was not theirs. The boots had disappeared. At this point the Sportshoes manager rightly said that none of this was my fault and I should not be kept waiting any longer and, now that the boot season has passed, gave me a new pair.

Following all this, I will still be gratefully buying Inov8 shoes from Sportshoes Unlimited, though perhaps not GTXs.
    I am surprised you have had this issue with sportshoes unltd, I have always found them willing to swap shoes immediately all my returns have been Inov's (not a dig, just a fact) due to poorly glued soles (mudclaw 280's )and collapsing heels (mudclaw 330's). This has been after I have worn them a couple of times and they have been filthy. Its one of the reasons have a kept buying them because sport shoes are so accommodating and I have just assumed it's a run of bad luck, (though I will now experiment with other brands for full on fell shoes & I have not had issues with every pair of inovs I hasten to add). In fact when I expressed surprise that they were so willing to exchange I was told that people brought in much older shoes if the uppers started to go etc and expected to exchange for a new pair which they did.

I realise what they did for you is still very good but is a much reduced service from my point of view.
    Last edited by Antisocial; 12-04-2010 at 10:16 PM.

PLEASE can we not have this Xxxxx nonsense. I imagine it is an attempt to overcome the issues raised about advertising, but if we can't discuss the relative merits of various brands here I for one will find these forums infinitely less interesting and valuable.
    I agree, the issue was about blatant self promotion and advertising without prompting rather than objective comments about issues of concern. Anyway he is just taking the p, you think he would have something better to do than spend all his time trying to wind people up for the sake of it
    Last edited by Antisocial; 12-04-2010 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    I am surprised you have had this issue with sportshoes unltd, I have always found them willing to swap shoes immediately all my returns have been Inov's (not a dig, just a fact) due to poorly glued soles (mudclaw 280's )and collapsing heels (mudclaw 330's). This has been after I have worn them a couple of times and they have been filthy. Its one of the reasons have a kept buying them because sport shoes are so accommodating and I have just assumed it's a run of bad luck, (though I will now experiment with other brands for full on fell shoes & I have not had issues with every pair of inovs I hasten to add). In fact when I expressed surprise that they were so willing to exchange I was told that people brought in much older shoes if the uppers started to go etc and expected to exchange for a new pair which they did.

I realise what they did for you is still very good but is a much reduced service from my point of view.
    I think the problem was that, unlike a de-laminating sole, the leak in my boots was not visible and the manager could not re-produce it in the shop (presumably by putting the boots in a bowl of water). My gripe with Sportshoes is their Byzantine system of sending questionably faulty items back to |Head Office rather than direct to the manufacturer, and Head Office's tardiness in sending the shoes on. This accounts for their estimated time of 10 days for the customer to get a decision - which in my case stretched out to 2 weeks. I find the prices and the staff at Sportshoes both excellent.