Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Proposal

Re: Proposal

But Grump, surely you've forgotten something in your proposal. We need to include that anyone who passes anything but a ringing endoresment of any race, deigns to try and make constructive suggestions, and has the temerity, indeed percieved rudeness!, to say so on this hallowed forum, should be pilloried - irrespective of any goading. Especially if they're called Will.

This also goes for anyone who thinks UKA involvement with the FRA is anything less than the best thing that has ever ever happened to fell running.

Will - UKA want to be seen to be "earning" their grants and salaries and the only way they can do that objectively is for national representatives to be placed in races. They don't care about the sport, or the athletes. Just the results. So if they think a particular european race will suit a track runner they'll want that athlete to represent them. They won't give a monkey's about what anyone else will think. Oh, apart from the sports minister and treasury of course!
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    I love it Grump
    But what about the distances
    Glad you enjoyed it Tom. You fancy teaching us that language of your's? The one in which you told us all at Anni Waltz last year that you had got in for Borrowdale and you were going to attempt a Bob Graham? And the one in which you said you were going to beat Al Fowler? Yeah, I believe it's otherwise known as Bulls**t. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed you using this special language.
    Up the mighty Wharfedale 'arriers!

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    But Grump, surely you've forgotten something in your proposal. We need to include that anyone who passes anything but a ringing endoresment of any race, deigns to try and make constructive suggestions, and has the temerity, indeed percieved rudeness!, to say so on this hallowed forum, should be pilloried - irrespective of any goading. Especially if they're called Will.

This also goes for anyone who thinks UKA involvement with the FRA is anything less than the best thing that has ever ever happened to fell running.

Will - UKA want to be seen to be "earning" their grants and salaries and the only way they can do that objectively is for national representatives to be placed in races. They don't care about the sport, or the athletes. Just the results. So if they think a particular european race will suit a track runner they'll want that athlete to represent them. They won't give a monkey's about what anyone else will think. Oh, apart from the sports minister and treasury of course!
    Thanks Neil. It looks like it's us Wharfees against the rest of the world!
    Up the mighty Wharfedale 'arriers!

I think we all need to just go out and have a right good training run finishing off at a good pub (...that sells soft drinks as well of course!)

The forum is great entertainment and an excellent media for swapping information and ideas, but every now and then subtleties and intonations that would be picked up in face to face conversations can be missed and people get polarised positions

I reckon we should carry on some of the debates on here as we all run across the river at Kettlewell eh...!
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...