Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Inov-8 X-talon 190

Re: Inov-8 X-talon 190

I'm tempted for some of these myself. I'm currently running in harriers but the grip just isn't the best, especially on wet rock. I'm torn between Walsh PB, just because they've been around for ages and are well proven, or these inov8 ones.

I'm only a bit concerned about durability and of course price, I'm not convinced by paying £25-30 extra for them instead of Walsh's that they will be worth it. I'd also consider the 212 as a possible as well but again it's the cost. Has anyone been using these for a while and could vouch for the durability, or would you stick with the walsh's.

Discuss

I'm really happy with my 190's (now I got the size right). They are very grippy on grassy muddy terain. Probably more so than the Walshes. But, I doubt they will last as long as Walsh's. Mudclaws would probably last longer.

Thanks for that, I'm going to try a few on and see what they feel like. I know the walsh's fit ok if I get a size bigger than normal but I've never tried any inov8 shoes on so it's all new to me.

Only taken mine out a couple of times so far, but I'm very impressed. Definitely the closest fell shoe to the minimalist shoes I normally wear on roads and trails. Time will tell about durability, but for fit and feel I think they would take some beating.

Grip is fantastic. I noticed that Inov-8 were describing the outsole as 'sticky' rubber. They're not kidding - walk in them on the pavement and you can feel them sticking to the floor. Very handy on rock.

They are more comfy than the 212's with the insoles out. If you are going fully minimal and removing the insole (highly recommended by the way) then you may have had problems with the seems rubbing your big toes on the 212's

So far I'm rolling blister free in these. Bigups to inov 8 on this one, they have clearly listened to what runners have been asking for and produced a very fine minimalist shoe.

Respect.

Oh yeah, the laces and tongue are better too... And the colour.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    Bigups to inov 8 on this one, they have clearly listened to what runners have been asking for and produced a very fine minimalist shoe

Oh yeah, the laces and tongue are better too... And the colour.
    Thanks Twister
    Not only do we listen but just as importantly we actually do the sport so when were designing a shoe or pack etc we know what terrain n conditions we want to use it for.

Thanks everyone but decided to go for the Walsh's. The X-talon was just too flimsy feeling, and as I'm after a shoe to train in as well as race, it makes sense to use the Walsh ones especially considering they were £30 cheaper and not a huge amount heavier either. I reckon I'd shred the innovs in no time. The guy in the store said he'd sold another set of Walsh the same morning to a guy who shredded the heel of the talons inside a month. :w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Rob View Post
    Walsh ones especially considering they were £30 cheaper
    So did you get them for £40 ? as i see the Talons are £72

Quote Originally Posted by Fat-Lad View Post
    So did you get them for £40 ? as i see the Talons are £72
    Talon 190's were £79.99 in sportshoes (although it's possible I could've asked for a discount) and the walsh's were £49.99

The Talon 212's were £67 I think which was a bit more like it, but still too flimsy for my liking.