Thread: Foot injury

Foot injury

Plantar fascitis I think. Anyone else suffered from this ?

Started having a painful heel 3 and a half weeks ago. Went to doctors and was told rest it surprisingly.

Today was my first run since. Just done a leisurely 25 mins and seems ok.Bit nervous about doing much more at the moment.

Could be shoe related I suppose. Last long run I did was a tough 20 miles up and down Kinder Scout. I do my long runs in Adidas Kanadias and my 3 month old pair look to have plenty of life left in them.

Re: Foot injury

Might sound an odd question but whereabouts in the heel? Achilles Tendonitis can present itself right at the back of the bottom of the heel. Generally particularly painful post-run and first thing in the morning.

For somebody that runs as much as you do, three months might be enough to run a pair of shoes through. They can look and even feel OK, but that isn't necessarily the case! I'm retiring my Kanadias after six months hard graft today.
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Quote Originally Posted by simgreen78 View Post
    Might sound an odd question but whereabouts in the heel? Achilles Tendonitis can present itself right at the back of the bottom of the heel. Generally particularly painful post-run and first thing in the morning.

For somebody that runs as much as you do, three months might be enough to run a pair of shoes through. They can look and even feel OK, but that isn't necessarily the case! I'm retiring my Kanadias after six months hard graft today.
    Its heel on bottom of the foot but away from the achilles.

Seems ok after todays short run. Bit sore but not too bad.

You may be right on the Kanadias. I ran Full tour of Pendle in them so must have had them nearer 5 months then 3. I'll replace them before the 3 Pekas

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire

Quote Originally Posted by simgreen78 View Post
    My Achilles Tendons themselves seem to be extremely sore & stiff almost every morning, somedays it's difficult to walk downstairs properly
    (my mileage isn't that high, it's only normally 35 average - road & 'XC')
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'