Thread: Skins A400 Range

Skins A400 Range

Im just wondering has anybody bought any products from the A400 range. If so Is it worth purchasing.

Re: Skins A400 Range

I have just purchased the shorts and the top, however I am mainly wearing them for recovery rather than during exercise. I find the top great but think I would have been better off purchasing the long tights rather than shorts. I do have 2xu calf guards as well though.
    I did wear the shorts last night for my run as quads bit tight due weekend training and it seemed to work, legs feel much better today

ive been doing all my hill reps in the skin calf socks this year my calves normally get very tight but since wearing them they have been ok,but you do look an idiot in them

I've been using 2XU long tights over the summer when it has been cool enough. While you don't overheat too badly in them you need to watch it in warmer weather. I thoroughly recommend them even though you do look like an extra singer in Erasure while wearing them. No room for the budgie either, so to speak, but excellent recovery. I've been really suffering with DOMS in thighs and calves but no problems wearing these, even just for recovery. Ran in lycra shorts on the LAMM then chucked the [very light] 2XU tights on at midcamp and slept in them. No soreness at all and felt like I had fresh legs on D2. We were 8th on D1 on the Score, 4th on D2 giving us 6th overall - suggesting that there is an improved recovery compared to a very rough baseline of other competitors if you use these. Haven't raced wearing them but training feels good and running on tired legs definitely feels easier while wearing them.

Am looking for some 3/4 length 2XU tights [mens] to reduce the heat build up in the warmer months if anyone knows anywhere still stocking them,?

Just worn the calf socks for a 20 miler today. Felt very comfy. Legs felt great afterwards. Then I took them off & I got my usual "lactic burn" sensation. But it wasn't too bad. Anyway, as instructed by Tim at Complete Runner, I have washed them & am just about to go to bed in them ! Will report back............in the morning.............

Jez

Just wondering how you got on with the calf guards? I'm thinking of a pair to help with chronic achilles tendonopathy. How did you find the sizing? I'm borderline small / medium and wondered how to choose the best fit.

Youngy

I'm 5 feet 10 & about 9.5 stone & slim. (this is sounding like a lonely hearts ad). And I went for the Small, which are perfect. Wore them them as soon as they'd been washed & dried, after my 3 hour 20 miler, all evening & for bed & I can honestly say my legs felt great the morning after. Definitely going to be using them religiously for my long runs.

Jez

Ok thanks. I think it's also the small for me.