Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ArrocharAlps Race Resurrection

Fellhound

Re: ArrocharAlps Race Resurrec

Cheers Jason.

Will there be parking or, even better, camping at the start/finish area? When I went up to recce I was turned away by the snooty people at the Ardgartan camp site because my camper van is not yet fully converted!! ...

Andy W

There is car parking in the two public car parks at the top of the loch, (£1 all day). One is just opposite the Esso garage, around half a mile north of the village hall/ pit stop diner/ registration and 100m from the start of the race. I think this is the handiest place to park.

The other car park is below the Cobbler, across the head of the loch and linked to the first car park by a walking track. This will probably fill up first due to walkers, but I suppose runners will be there quite early to register and warm up for a 11 start, so maybe not an issue. Please dont park at the Diner as this is for customers.

Remember to leave time to walk to registration and then to the start for 11 a.m.

I am surprised by your reception at Ardgarten as they are usually a very good camp site and come highly recommended. I dont know what the issue with your van was but I would still recommend them to most folk, maybe phoning first. Perhaps they would have accepted your van as a car if you brought a tent? You could still still sleep where you want then?

There are a few camp sites only a small drive away, and I know some of my family camped in Balloch before and liked the site, but a simple search should throw up camping and B&Bs a plenty. Of course wild camping is allowed here too, though up the hills and with less in the way of facilities for pre race comfort.

I guess we will have to see how the race develops, but if it grows over time then there is always the option of negotiating local race day camping in the future, who knows.

I look forward to seeing you and a horde of others on the day. I will be around early and tea/ coffee will be provided from 10ish. Then soup rolls and cake after the race. So far we ae catering for 70 to cover eventualities (& marshals), but I'd love there to be more people than food. With such a long race the Diner would have planty of time to adjust numbers once you are all off.

TTFN

Jason
    Is it meant to be this hard?

Hi everyone,

Given that the forecast is pretty awful for England and Wales this weekend and not bad in Scotland please keep Arrochar in mind if you're looking for a training run on Saturday.

See you there