Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Invov8 still sh*t

Re: Invov8 still sh*t

My inov8's have allways lasted longer than any walshes ive had, soles allways seem to come off on the walshes ive had plus the tread wears quicker i find.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post

For something like days in the hills where you might do a bit of scrambling or even easy climbs then Walshes are still hard to beat as the rubber compound used for the soles is closer to that of rock climbing shoes yet the studs still give good grip on grass - the ideal is to have the studs on the sole/front of the shoe about half-worn.
    Just how I would describe them Bob. Or maybe about a third worn but nothing beats that grip on wet rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post

In fact you can see where I wore away the inside of the right heel if you look carefully (my right heel itself looked very similar ). This is why I continue to be wary of Inov8's. Well that and the fact that I can run 30 miles straight out of the box with Walshes.

Quote Originally Posted by Athers View Post
    I have because i'm an idiot.

The thing is, i cant wear walsh, they cut my feet to shreds, i used to live in Mountainn Bear Gladiators (best shoe i had) but have now since died.

So i'm stuck with inov8 because i cant find anything that matches the grip i like to have for descending. Eye balls out flat out everytime is no god in a pair of crappy salomon speedcross.
    I too, still mourn the loss of the mountain bears :boohoo:

I have been happy with my innov8s so far. 315s are brilliant anywhere. Just getting used to the 333s, top grip but havnt been on wet rock much yet to experience what I'v read about lack of grip.
    Yet to pay full price for a pair too!

What about getting favourite shoes resoled with walsh grips?
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Look out for Ground control shoe on sale mid January.Running Bear.

I've recieved my "Non Faulty" mudclaws back from Innovate. apparently its my foots fault as I'm poronating (not true). 14 runs max and they've fallen apart

Unless I find a pair for £20 probably won't be getting any more as thats all they are worth.

Just ordered a new pair of Fellcross as pretty much lived in them this year certainly 3 runs a week. Studs have now started to wear to the point that i'm loosing traction. uppers still intact...

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I've recieved my "Non Faulty" mudclaws back from Innovate. apparently its my foots fault as I'm poronating (not true). 14 runs max and they've fallen apart

Unless I find a pair for £20 probably won't be getting any more as thats all they are worth.

Just ordered a new pair of Fellcross as pretty much lived in them this year certainly 3 runs a week. Studs have now started to wear to the point that i'm loosing traction. uppers still intact...

I nearly bought some walshes last night off the net. take a 10 innov8 wasnt sure about walsh sizes though and not wanting to mess with postage!!
    Hope my mudclaws dont fall apart!! sorry to hear you had yours returned!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

There really does seem to be a big disparity between experiences with Inov8's. Mine last for yonks.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    There really does seem to be a big disparity between experiences with Inov8's. Mine last for yonks.
    That kind of sums up my experience with Inov8. Had a pair of the old Mudclaws (330's I think - the ones with the grey sole) and they lasted for ages, as did my Roclites. But I recently sent a pair of Mudclaws (333's) back as the stitching on the uppers came apart after only a few runs. Also had a few problems with the old 272's but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as I was doing quite high mileage in them.

I've also had LaSportiva Crosslites (most comfortable trainers ever) and currently giving Fellcross a whirl but I haven't found anything that grips as good as the Mudclaws.
    @Clewy