Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post training fainting

Re: Post training fainting

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Tim Noakes is still not persuaded of the the relevance of salt to exertional muscle cramps - but I know lots of ultra runners disagree with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Lots of issues surrounding running from stretching to ice baths is basically anecdotal.. there's very little hard science supporting them, but I do think a lot of sports science is still pseudo science.. small N numbers.. poor control of groups.. poor standardisation.. science I don't think we'd get away with in main stream biology.... not all of course.
    However salt is a basic need for rehydration, not solely cramp prevention, hence why I routinely put it in my tea. If you've been training hard, and downing loads of fluids is still leaving you feeling dehydrated, that's because the salt is as important as the fluid.

That's my experience, and when things are going well, rehydration is what I would say limits the amount of hard training I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by LissaJous View Post
    However salt is a basic need for rehydration, not solely cramp prevention, hence why I routinely put it in my tea. If you've been training hard, and downing loads of fluids is still leaving you feeling dehydrated, that's because the salt is as important as the fluid.

That's my experience, and when things are going well, rehydration is what I would say limits the amount of hard training I can do.
    I like the tick tock one its not bad. Prefer it loose. Whittards do some nice flavoured rooibos loose. Caramel being a favourite.

You sound like a right tea geek!

Quote Originally Posted by LissaJous View Post
    Sorry: I thought you were being facetious, but it turns out you were being interesting!:w00t:

Background: for black tea I used to drink PG Tips a lots and I could taste the difference between different batches. Brewing time anything from 5-10 minutes up to hours & a microwave reheat. I liked it when it was 'depth' combined with complexity. Occasionally one of those would be missing in a whole box. After I stopped drinking black tea, there was a few months gap before I started drinking redbush tea. I hate and always hated Earl Gray.

Redbush Tea: I use a variety. My favourite is Tick-Tock without doubt, it can be quite intoxicating. Redbush Tea Company can be lacking in the 'depth'/body, and Tetley lacks the complexity but has extra 'body'. Switching between these, and occasionally others, keeps all of them tasting fresh.

And you know it all depends what mug you brew it in as well! (I brew it teabag in 0.5L mug or thermos)

Oh, and I put a tiny bit of salt in ever since screwing up Ennerdale with cramp in 2010!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

About the fainting. I eat dates before during and after running. Reaally good energy from them for me. Bananas after.
    Drip white, nausea, light head. Fresh air.
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!