Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Immunity Boost Required

Re: Immunity Boost Required

Thanks Sandra, good advice! I have been using probiotics to counteract the effects of the antibiotics. I am feeling a bit better at the moment, but needing another operation so not actually going upwards yet. Well, I am, but I will be knocked down again soon

I have postponed the op at the moment, as I cannot cope with it and having to try and save my current job AND hunt for a replacement in case my saving actions don't work out... I simply cannot afford to be laid down (literally) after the op for several weeks and then having to struggle to get back to some form of fitness for months. The plan is: sort the job in one way or another, go on holiday (10 days in July) then have the op. I could not face having to cancel my holiday yet again either... already lost 2x holidays = 3 weeks of time off spent convalescing or in hospital and loads of money as I could not get the money spent on the trips/flights back...

Fingers crossed it is the right decision...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Re: Immunity Boost Required

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    As I understand it, one of the problems of taking lots of antibiotics is that it kills the good bacteria as well as the bad bacteria, which can cause stomach problems and affect the immune system and absorption of nutrients from food.
    Live yogurt and probiotics are supposed to help - worth a try if you still feel ill.
    Yeah thanks. I'm now taking probiotics after finishing the last of the antibiotics. Two months off work and I am now finally back at work though not feeling 100% and currently only up to walking, which I do for about an hour every day. Get so tired. Taking it easy so I don't get poorly again. First day out with clients on Monday and I was really croaky by the end of it. Frustrating but not choice but to just go with the flow.