Thread: Yorkshire 2000's

Yorkshire 2000's

This is a cracking route in the Yorkshire Dales, linking the 26 summits of 2000ft and above.

I managed to complete the 119 miles and 20000ft ascent in 36 hours 25 minutes. I started and finished at Hawes and went in a clockwise direction.

These hills are all on my doorstep, and as it's possibly 29 years since the last recorded completion, thought it was time to resurrect it.

Full information and overview map available on the gofar.org site http://www.gofar.org.uk/Yorkshire2000s.html

The ground, especially on the northern half is very arduous and pathless, which makes for slow going.

I'll do a write up and send to Tony who might put in on the relevant gofar webpage. It may or may not inspire someone else to have a go.

Thanks to the usual gang that helped me out, both on the hill and roadside. Without them, I'd probably still be hobbling pathetically down the Buttertubs Road into Hawes...

cheers
    Matt

Cracking route! Never noticed this before on the gofar website, Well done!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Brilliant Matt!
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Fantastic effort, there are some good routes on that site. I used to to see the northern and southern Yorkshire Dales circuits and many others

Master
    Brilliant effort. Did you do it this last weekend. Hope the weather wasn't as wet as it was here in the midlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt N View Post
    Without them, I'd probably still be hobbling pathetically down the Buttertubs Road into Hawes...
    Nothing pathetic about hobbling anywhere on "delaminating" feet, especially after 110 miles...well done mate.

Only sorry couldn't be there to support.

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Brilliant effort. Did you do it this last weekend. Hope the weather wasn't as wet as it was here in the midlands.
    2 weekends ago. Didn't get a drop of rain and got half a moon on the Friday night. Cool wind on the sat night, but ideal running weather

A belated congratulations Matt. Good to see some renewed interest in an epic like this.

Pete Simpson was I obviuosly in good form as you say. In fact he still is ... to celebrate his 65th he managed 174 miles in 48 hours round a track to set a new British record for that age. Quite a contrast to the Yorkshire 2000's !

We'll done, cracking effort
    pies